Vocation to the apostolate

In the Decree on the Apostolate of the Laity, in Apostolicam Actuositatem, Chapter I states:
For the Christian vocation by its very nature is also a vocation to the apostolate.
Please explain how the Christian vocation is a “vocation to the apostolate”.

APOSTOLATE. ‘The work of an apostle, not only of the first followers of Christ but of all the faithful who carry on the original mission entrusted by the Savior to the twelve to “make disciples of all the nations” (Matthew 28:19). The apostolate belongs essentially to the order of grace. Its purpose is not temporal welfare, however noble, but to bring people to the knowledge and love of Christ and, through obedience to his teaching, help them attain life everlasting.’

Modern Catholic Dictionary, by Fr. John A. Hardon, S.J.
therealpresence.org/cgi-bin/getdefinition.pl

Apostolate is simply furthering the mission of the Church which is to spread the Gospel.
We are all called to spread the Gospel - the good news of Jesus Christ.

I hold Bible study in my home, teach adult eductionand a few other things.

Everyone should have an apostolate - something united to the work of the Apostles to spread the Gospel.

-Tim-

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.