Vocation Website! CHECK IT OUT

Hi everyone,

The link I provided is a vocational website a friend told me about. It has a survey that you can take that will pair you with a likely religious order that suits you best based on your answers. I am just starting my discernment process (found a spiritual director), and I enjoyed taking it. There are also a lot of other things you can do on it!

vocationnetwork.org/match

Try it!

Note: Make sure if you are under 17, you receive permission from your parents to sign up for mailings from different religious orders. It does remind you on the website, I am just forewarning.

Share your results on here when you are done with it!

I had Capuchins, Salesians, and Trinitarians as my top 3!

The Capuchins and Trinitarians contacted me within a day via email

REMEMBER: You are not signing up for anything! This website allows you to explore deeper into your vocation and discernment! It also gives you info on different religious orders!

This is really neat. A family member of mine (a priest) used to be a vocations director for the diocese; we discussed doing something like this once. I'm glad to see someone has done it.

That said, my top three (only three, actually) are:

100% -- Carmelite Friars (O.Carm.), Most Pure Heart of Mary Province
95% -- Benedictine Monks (O.S.B.) Saint Meinrad Archabbey
90% -- Augustinian Monks of the Primitive Observance (O.S.A. prim)

I still think marriage is the vocation for me, but thanks for posting this. :thumbsup::)

-Byrnwiga

Thanks so much! I will certainly use this in the future. :D I think I messed up on it though... I don't know, I'll see.

I had about 95 that I matched with, 4 or 5 100% and already am getting emails directly from real people saying they'll send me information. Very interesting, very helpful if even just to learn more about these orders. My Catholic High School unfortunately didn't have any classes that I could take to learn about different Catholic orders, not that I don't value the education I got, because I do, but I think it would have helped me out a lot.

Sorry for double post, I can't edit my last message. I got 6 emails from different orders, texted by a priest in the Benedictines and offered to come to a few different retreats. This site is doing it's job lol and I'm getting swamped with information...not that I'm complaining mind you :p

Wow! Glad to hear everyone liked it! I saw it in a vocational magazine called Vision. I think it is the USCCB that comes out with it every year.

God Bless!

And you can pm me anytime if you just want to talk about vocations! :)

:egyptian:

I think I messed up when I did it. I got 100% on about 30 different orders. What does that mean?

[quote="smp501, post:7, topic:294746"]
I think I messed up when I did it. I got 100% on about 30 different orders. What does that mean?

[/quote]

Maybe the survey had a malfunction. I would take it again. And if you get the same results, it probably means you are a great guy/girl who is compatible with many religious orders! :) You would fit in almost anywhere!

If there is anyone else out there discerning a vocation, try this survey!

Thanks a lot for this :) I have been wondering for a while what RC communities there are in the UK but I haven't been able to find any until now.

My top results are:

93% -- Ware Carmel, UK
93% -- Congregation of the Sacred Hearts, Ireland and England
93% -- Salesian Sisters (F.M.A.)

[quote="SilverCamellia, post:10, topic:294746"]
Thanks a lot for this :) I have been wondering for a while what RC communities there are in the UK but I haven't been able to find any until now.

My top results are:

93% -- Ware Carmel, UK
93% -- Congregation of the Sacred Hearts, Ireland and England
93% -- Salesian Sisters (F.M.A.)

[/quote]

Unfortunately they don't include that many UK communities, so for the UK it can be a bit off just because of the lack of data. If you're interested, this website has a list of Catholic religious communities in the UK.

[quote="PerfectTiming, post:11, topic:294746"]
Unfortunately they don't include that many UK communities, so for the UK it can be a bit off just because of the lack of data. If you're interested, this website has a list of Catholic religious communities in the UK.

[/quote]

PerfectTiming, thanks awfully for that link! I've only been on three of the websites listed before. I had no idea there were so many around in the UK.

[quote="SilverCamellia, post:12, topic:294746"]
PerfectTiming, thanks awfully for that link! I've only been on three of the websites listed before. I had no idea there were so many around in the UK.

[/quote]

You're welcome. I remember being terribly confused when I first started discerning. I've been amazed at how many there are in the UK. Are you discerning religious life?

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

This is amazing, thank you so much

[quote="Nchapi, post:15, topic:294746"]
This is amazing, thank you so much

[/quote]

Thank you for using it and responding! :thumbsup:

:)

It means the survey is flawed. If you’re like me (I got 100% on 65 different orders), then it is confusing ‘I’m not sure what I want to do’ with ‘I would be happy doing just about anything.’

Well, for some years now I have had thoughts of becoming a nun (which were totally irrational when I wasn’t even following a religion!) . So I am not sure if it is actually a vocation or just a fantasy. Although given that I don’t especially want to have to leave behind all my possessions, maybe it is a vocation :smiley:

But I do not think I should be discerning at the moment as:

(a) I am not even confirmed yet, which won’t be until Easter 2013;
and (b) I own a young dog and a cat, and I can’t just abandon them.

But I am keeping an open mind about a religious vocation and I would like to learn more about them to decide which order I’d best be suited to.

[quote="Mark1124, post:17, topic:294746"]
It means the survey is flawed. If you're like me (I got 100% on 65 different orders), then it is confusing 'I'm not sure what I want to do' with 'I would be happy doing just about anything.'

[/quote]

Not entirely. I took the survey and it was not flawed. It may just be an error that is occuring for a few people. Or, you are very compatible with many religious orders ;)

[quote="pgnat1, post:19, topic:294746"]
Not entirely. I took the survey and it was not flawed. It may just be an error that is occuring for a few people. Or, you are very compatible with many religious orders ;)

[/quote]

I didn't say it was useless, just that it was flawed. If you know what kind of life you want to live, what kind of ministry you're interested in, etc., perhaps it works perfectly fine. But if you're not sure and therefore check all the boxes, then it assumes you are compatible with everyone. And I've visited several of these orders, so I know I'm not perfectly compatible with all of them.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.