Vocational Prayer Request

Hi Folks,

The call which I had in my early teens and unfortunately ignored has returned and is reverberating in my head. God is, I pray, calling me to the deaconate. Now at the age of 43, I hope I’m not too late to be of good service. I am married with two grown children, and a new grandson.

I am at a 6 month (and counting) discernment of this vocation. It has only become more persistent. This is the first time that I have spoken of this to anyone besides my wife (who is very supportive) about my possible vocation.

“The prayers of the righteous man avails much!” This is why I come to you my brothers and sisters. Please pray for the discernment of what Gods wills. Hopefully what is echoing in my head is God’s clarion call (and not because I have to much open space between my ears)!

God Bless and thank you in advance!

Jay Burgherr
Olathe, KS

You have my prayers as you discern this vocation. Have you taken this to a spiritual advisor? I highly recommend it. Also, you may want to pray on in before the Blessed Sacrament, if you haven’t already.

God Bless you on this journey of discernment,

CARose

Good for you. You are a young man, yet. There was a fellow in my class that was Ordained at 70.( Had to be dispensed) He has more energy than I do.

God bless,
Deacon Tony

Jay,

You are in my prayers.

God Bless,
Gary

Praying!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.