Vocations statistics

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a website where I can see the worldwide statistics for ordinations/seminarians?

Thanks in advance and God bless.

Have you tried the Catholic White Book/Red Book ? They are the same book ( a worldwide statistical survey , including vocation statistics ), the only difference being the color of the cover ( the Pope receives the 1st 5 copies , which have a white cover ) . The Pope has received his copies of the most recent edition , but back in February of this year the Red Book had not been released yet to the public .

I have read several news articles related to the White Book that reveal statistics on world wide vocations . Just do a search . Good luck !

PS Vocations are up world wide ( Priestly vocations ) , as is Catholic Church membership ( 1,181,000,000 ) .

[quote="chuckfrmvalyfrg, post:2, topic:243439"]
Have you tried the Catholic White Book/Red Book ?

[/quote]

Would those be informal names for the Annuario Pontificio or the Statistical Yearbook of the Church (Annuarium Statisticum Ecclesiae) which are prepared annually by the Vatican's Central Office of Church Statistics?

It seems that data isn't directly available online, although news organizations do summarize some of the key findings. For example:

radiovatikan.com/in2/articolo.asp?c=463000

or

catholicnewsagency.com/news/number-of-priests-growing-worldwide-vatican-reports/

[quote="LDNCatholic, post:1, topic:243439"]
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a website where I can see the worldwide statistics for ordinations/seminarians?

Thanks in advance and God bless.

[/quote]

CARA (Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate), based at Georgetown University, has the latest available stats.

cara.georgetown.edu/

[quote="cara1, post:4, topic:243439"]
CARA (Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate), based at Georgetown University, has the latest available stats.

[/quote]

:confused:

CARA is an outstanding source, but doesn't it concern itself with US information, rather than global statistics? You linked to the CARA homepage, but there is a wealth of information which is a bit hard to navigate through. Could you provide a direct link to the worldwide statistics?

[quote="Dale_M, post:5, topic:243439"]
:confused:

CARA is an outstanding source, but doesn't it concern itself with US information, rather than global statistics? You linked to the CARA homepage, but there is a wealth of information which is a bit hard to navigate through. Could you provide a direct link to the worldwide statistics?

[/quote]

cara.georgetown.edu/CARAServices/requestedchurchstats.html

Scroll down the page. World stats follow the US stats. Latest are from 2008.

[quote="cara1, post:6, topic:243439"]
cara.georgetown.edu/CARAServices/requestedchurchstats.html

Scroll down the page. World stats follow the US stats. Latest are from 2008.

[/quote]

Thanks! I've got it bookmarked now. :)

[quote="Dale_M, post:3, topic:243439"]
[Would those be informal names for the *Annuario Pontificio

[/quote]

or the Statistical Yearbook of the Church (Annuarium Statisticum Ecclesiae) which are prepared annually by the Vatican's Central Office of Church Statistics?]

It seems that data isn't directly available online, although news organizations do summarize some of the key findings. For example:

radiovatikan.com/in2/articolo.asp?c=463000

or

catholicnewsagency.com/news/number-of-priests-growing-worldwide-vatican-reports/

Yes , I believe so( regarding the name ) . I am not sure if they are published annually . In news stories about them I have seen study periods that were longer than 12 months . But they are a wealth of information and frequently refute popular memes in the MSM regarding the Church .

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.