Vocations with children

Hello, all. This may seem odd from a newbie Catholic, but I have a strong sense that God wants me to join the religious life. Whenever I imagine myself doing this, it gives me a sense of joy.

I think (and think being the key word there) that I would like to be a missionary sister. And in particular, I’d like to work with poor and sickly children abroad. I’m not sure if this is what God wants me to do, so I’m just exploring the option.

Is there any congregations of missionary sisters that particular do work with children? This could be teaching, or anything really.

At the moment I’m in University, and hopefully I’ll be studying International Development. I feel this will equip me to work abroad, so that’s part of the reason why I’m exploring the missionary sisters. While its my motherly instinct that wants me to be around children.

There are absolutely vocations for this! There are many schools that need sisters to work in them! Check out Imagine Sisters. They are on Facebook and they can probably point you in the right direction and you can check out a couple of options.

Just looked at the Imagine Sisters because of your recommendation, and they’re great, thanks!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.