Voice of LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to find Biblical passages that tell us that God’s voice is a voice of love.

This is my Biblical hypothesis.

Faith comes by hearing.

Faith is inside us.

However the voice we hear is God.

The voice is His voice of LOVE.

Thus love is first.

Therefore I am trying to find Biblical passages that tell us that God’s voice is a voice of love.

THANKS!!!

WOW do you know how many times LOVE is referred to in the bible? It is staggering:D
Jim,
I appreciate that all of your threads center around LOVE. God Bless you!!:smiley: :thumbsup:

I believe the Psalms is full of what you are looking for. TOO MANY TO LIST.
Psalm 107, 86,33,25,21,31 Psalms would probably be a good reading to do every day.:smiley:

It seems the message is that God has unfailing love.:thumbsup:

I am “tsunamied”.

I am worked to death.

I am tired.

Otherwise my mind might be able to recall a few.

I wrote a really short list for myself, but I have misplaced it.

ALLFORHIM, thanks for the kind words.

God is Love.

Word became Flesh.

But I want really clear teaching on this.

Hello ALLFORHIM,

I think the word love is used about six or seven hundred times in the bible.

The overwhealming majority of the biblical uses of the word love are related to God desiring and commanding man to love. The bible does say that God loves. However, seeing that a far greater majority of the biblical uses of the word love involve God teaching man to love, I think it would be far more clear to say that God’s biblical message is for man to love. Jesus sums up the message of the bible with the great commandments to love God with all our hearts, with all our minds, with all our strength and with all our souls, and to love our neighbor as ourselves.

There seems to be a modern desire to twist the bible from its main focus to teach man to love God and neighbor to an artificial main focus on how God loves us. God does love us but the main focus of the bible is to teach man to love God. I fear that the desire behind a suspected man made twist of scriptures is to push a concept where God loves us too much to send anyone to hell. Jesus, and the Father warn us often of eternal damnation. WARNING! Jesus Does Not Forgive All At least I would hope that we could together agree and clarify that God’s love for us does not mean that people will not go to hell for failing to love God and neighbor as God commands us to do in the main focus of the bible.
NAB REV 2:22

“I mean to cast her down on a bed of pain; her companions in sin I will plunge into intense suffering unless they repent of their sins with her, and her children I will put to death. Thus shall all the churches come to know that I am the searcher of hearts and minds, and that I will give each of you what your conduct deserves.”

**NAB MAR 12 The Great Commandment. **

“Which is the first of all the commandments?” Jesus replied, "This is the first:
‘Hear O Israel! The Lord our God is Lord alone!
Therefore you shall love the Lord your God
with all your heart,
with all your soul,
with all your mind,
and with all your strength.’

"This is the second,
'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'
There is no other commandment greater than these."

NAB EXO 20:5

“. . . you shall not bow down before them or worship them. For I, the LORD, your God, am a jealous God, inflicting punishment for their fathers’ wickedness on the children of those who hate me, down to the third and fourth generation; but bestowing mercy down to the thousandth generation, on the children of those who love me and keep my commandments.” **NAB MAT 7:12 **

" . . . treat others the way you would have them treat you: this sums up the law and the prophets. Enter through the narrow gate. The gate that leads to damnation is wide, the road is clear, and many choose to travel it. But how narrow is the gate that leads to life, how rough the road, and how few there are who find it!" .

Hi,
Yes I agree with you. I gave Jim the Psalms that specifically talked about God’s love for us since that is what he asked for.

Hello ALLFORHIM,

Thanks for the clarification.

Your Welcome:thumbsup:

Steven Merten

I agree with you!!!

I use the saying: Make God smile, share His love!

I think that this is powerful, however.

The reason is this: Love comes first.

Then comes faith.

I can hear: First comes love then come faith (you can supply the notes, I can think of two tunes at least).

It is important for prayer.

It is important for justification and/or righteousness.

Here is another tune: you cannot have faith without love.

The Martin Luther was wrong.

Love animates faith, St. Thomas Aquinas and friends.

St. Paul: faith is “energeo” by love.

To say faith comes by hearing is correct.

However, we hear love’s voice.

Therefore one cannot be saved by faith alone.

Faith needs love’s voice.

Love is infused in us, then we hear His voice. Then we believe.

I know one of the passages that I used was from the Song of Songs.

I think it was in the sixth chapter.

Love is first in the cardinal sense and not the ordinal sense.

I am “tsunamied”.

I am worked to death.

I am tired.

I cannot think.

I should be resting right now.

There is a hell; I am doing everthing I can to stay out of it.

Again, I agree God’s love is misunderstood. Many have made themselves heretics and don’t even know it.

Again, I know there is a hell.

Thank you for your helpful warning.

In God’s Beauty, Love, Peace, and Eternal Happiness!!!
I hope I stay there and that I grow in His love!!!

LOVE + FAITH = RIGHTEOUSNESS

St. Matthew 22: 36 “Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” 37 He said to him, “You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. 38 This is the greatest and the first commandment. 39 The second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.”

I Corinthians 13: 13 So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I Corinthians 13: 2 And if I have the gift of prophecy, and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

Ephesians 6: 10 Finally, draw your strength from the Lord and from his mighty power. 11 Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not with flesh and blood but with the principalities, with the powers, with the world rulers of this present darkness, with the evil spirits in the heavens. 13 Therefore, put on the armor of God, that you may be able to resist on the evil day and, having done everything, to hold your ground. 14 So stand fast with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate, 15 and your feet shod in readiness for the gospel of peace. 16 In all circumstances, hold faith as a shield, to quench all (the) flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 With all prayer and supplication, pray at every opportunity in the Spirit.

I Thessalonians 5: 8 But since we are of the day, let us be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love and the helmet that is hope for salvation.

LOVE + faith = RIGTHEOUSNESS

St. Matthew 22: 36-40
I Corinthians 13: 13
I Corinthians 13: 2
I Thessalonians 5: 8
Ephesians 6: 14
Love is First!
Love is Greatest!

am trying to find Biblical passages that tell us that God’s voice is a voice of love.

This is my Biblical hypothesis.

The voice is His voice of LOVE.

Thus love is first.

Therefore I am trying to find Biblical passages that tell us that God’s voice is a voice of love.

I am not sure anyone should be ‘hearing voices’. But when God speaks He speaks in a way that we KNOW. It is like thought transfer. Suddenly the hidden becomes clear.

There are many texts in scripture which refer to ‘love’

Jesus greatest commandment: ‘This is my commandment to you, to love one another’ Jn 15:17

‘Pass no judgement and you wil not be judged. For as you judge others, so you will yourselves be judged and whatever measure you deal out to others will be dealt back to you’ Mt 7:1-3 This is a teaching to love and give love to others.

For me the verse: ‘and the Son of Man will be handed over for crucifixion’ Mt26:2 is SO PROFOUND.

So to ‘Jesus wept’. The whole of humanity is not worthy of one tear of His. He wept many tears for just you and me.

The whole concept of the Greatest most glorious creator of all things and origin of life surrending to ignomous death.
for the least of His creation. That has to be the greatest love story of all time. It dont come more loving than that.

’ Ask and you shall receive’Knock and the door will be answered to you Mt 7-8

Not to mention the Holy Spirit who is love.

The father loves the Son and the Son loves the father. The Holy Spirit is the love between them :slight_smile:

That is the reason why if one blasphemes the Holy Spirit, his sin is not forgiven.

CCC 1864 “Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.” There are no limits to the mercy of God, but anyone who deliberately refuses to accept his mercy by repenting, rejects the forgiveness of his sins and the salvation offered by the Holy Spirit. Such hardness of heart can lead to final impenitence and eternal loss.

I am in a rush.

Forgive the poor presentation.

I John 2: 5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

Rom 10 :8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, [even] in thy mouth, and in thy heart: tht is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Song of Songs 8: 6 Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love [is] strong as death; jealousy [is] cruel as the grave: the coals thereof [are] coals of fire, [which hath a] most vehement flame.

I think a connect might be through fire and love and word or voice.

he father loves the Son and the Son loves the father. The Holy Spirit is the love between them

That is the reason why if one blasphemes the Holy Spirit, his sin is not forgiven.

AMEN :thumbsup:

Psalm 107, 86,33,25,21,31 Psalms would probably be a good reading to do every day.:smiley:

Thanks!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.