Voice of the Faithful

What’s the official position of the Magisterium on the Voice of the Faithful group?

I don’t know if the Magisterium has actually formed an official position. However, in my search, I came across this article by the editor of Crisis Magazine regarding Voice of the Faithful:

catholicity.com/commentary/hudson/voiceofthefaithful.html

Voice of the Faithful seems like just another “Call-to-Action” type group. Not orthodox IMHO.

Let me (gasp!) recommend a different Catholic website: Catholic Culture that has a database of reviews of catholic websites that checks their fidelity. Here is the review for Voice of the Faithful: catholicculture.org/sites/site_view.cfm?recnum=1912

Some might object that Catholic Culture does not have the authority to rate other websites, and perhaps it is a reasonable point to bring up; however it does give examples to back up its ratings so the reader can decide. I’ve found it invaluable and unfortunatley a little distressing when my parish passes out material published by red-flagged organizations.

Note: The site requires a simple registration.

Scott

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.