Voter fraud: California man finds 83 ballots stacked outside his home

This is a silly deliberate misinterpretation of Obama’s straight-forward answer to a straight-forward question: Will my voting cause my family to be investigated and possibly deported? Answer: No.

(Interviewer) Many of the Millennials dreamers, undocumented citizens, and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country, are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live, will they come for my family and deport us?

How odd that Obama didn’t correct the interviewer.

How odd indeed. I wonder why?

I completely understand having sympathy for those fleeing violence in Central America. Even if they are here illegally.

But Democratic elites just want votes. I mean, behind closed doors, they talk about “needy Latinos”.

Obama did not correct the interviewer because he understood the intent of the question (fear of voting causing investigations and deportations of my family) and thought it was more important to simply address the intent of the question. Any speculation beyond that is an argument from silence - a well-known logical fallacy.

It’s a rather obvious statement to ignore, especially since citizenship/immigration is a hot issue.

The interviewer’s statement shows she blurs the line between citizen/non-citizen (basically, if you “contribute” to the country, you’re a citizen), so by the time she asks the question, it’s not clear to what she’s referring: voting by legally-recognized citizens or undocumented “citizens”.

Why does Obama not attempt to clarify to whom she is referring?

Also, why would she even fear citizens being deported for voting? Or is she saying undocumented family members of legal citizens might get investigated due to familial connection?

He does clarify. He explicitly says “you yourself are a citizen”.

Also, why would she even fear citizens being deported for voting? Or is she saying undocumented family members of legal citizens might get investigated due to familial connection?

The interviewer did mention family. It is common that some family members might have papers and other not.

(Interviewer) Many of the Millennials dreamers, undocumented citizens, and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country, are fearful of voting.

This didn’t set off alarm bells for Obama? Does he subconsciously accept that this is OK so he didn’t feel the need to respond?

Why is it even suggested that undocumented people “are fearful of voting” and getting deported when that can only happen if you vote when ineligible?

Obama just sits there and accepts that if people believe they are citizens, they are citizens.

This is what we are fighting agains: lawlessness from top down.

I’d like to think Obama knows what’s legal/illegal and that he didn’t correct her because he didn’t want to appear “mean” on TV, breaking the narrative that Democrats are nice and Republicans are haters.

All he had to say was, “Undocumented people should not and cannot vote.”

Then there won’t even be an issue about deporting anyone’s family.

Correct

Oh absolutely, absolutely. An issue through the fields of politics and even in non-political field… :wink:

This is beyond the pale!Did you see the smirk on both Obama’s and the interviewer’s face.This President and all associated with him have made and continue to make a mockery of our Constituion and everything good this Nation is supposed to represent.Iam both saddened and infuriated :eek::frowning:

I think for many people, the Constitution is just a historical piece of paper.

Except for Loretta Lynch who plead the 5th.

:eek:

Then the headline, instead of “Obama encourages illegals to vote” should have been “Obama missed an opportunity to remind people that illegal aliens are not elligble to vote”. I don’t think anyone could legitimately complain about that headline. But the first headline makes a more sensational story for those desperate to smear Obama.

Why is it even suggested that undocumented people “are fearful of voting” and getting deported when that can only happen if you vote when ineligible?

Because fear is a fact of life for the undocumented.

That’s right. Because civilized people do not go out of their way to hurt the people they are talking to. It’s like those “grammar police” people who always correct everyone’s slightest grammatical errors. Not a very socialable thing to do. (<- sentence fragment)

You misinterpretted a smile as a smirk.

Riiiiiiight!

Ok let me clarify:
OBAMA) "first of all, when you vote - **you are a citizen **yourself "

This is very clear:

• The commenter is CLEARLY asking about UNDOCUMENTED individuals **that would have a legitimate fear of being deported **because they, and often their families, are in this country illegally and neither they nor their families have no legal right to vote in a presidential election - let-alone be in this country regardless if they are contributing to the country or not contributing. I can empathize with their plight in their own countries; however, we are a nation of laws and they cannot break them and then expect to have every benefit that legal citizens have unless and until they become citizens thru the legal process. If a US citizen enters any other country in the world, undocumented, they will find themselves (if lucky) deported forthwith and more likely incarcerated for an indeterminate amount of time - they are not given the “right to vote.”

• President Obama is CLEARLY stating that ALL it takes to be a citizen is to vote.

• President Obama is CLEARLY stating that **unlawful voters **can cast their ballots without any fear of reprisal.

I was extremely careful with the punctuation used when I transcribed the POTUS and commenters words… I listened to that entire interview no less than 20 to 30 times to make sure I had the exact phrasing and intent.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.