Voters think Republican climate dissenters are ignorant, crazy

guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jul/25/us-politics-climate-change-scepticism

Republicans in Congress who reject the science behind climate change could soon be reduced to political fossils…

…The bipartisan poll…found 80% support among under-35 voters for Barack Obama’s climate change plan…

…“For voters under 35, denying climate change signals a much broader failure of values and leadership”… Many young voters would write such candidates off completely, with 37% describing climate change deniers as “ignorant”, 29% as “out of touch” and 7% simply as “crazy”…

…just under half of young Republicans said they would be less likely to vote for a climate change denier.

This seems to be an important finding if people are depending on the Republicans to reduce abortion and/or make it illegal, because if they cannot get elected in the future due to their rejection of climate science, then they won’t be able to help out on the abortion issue, plus it makes them seem to be hypocrites re “pro-life,” not really concerned about reducing medical abortions, because they are not concerned about reducing harm and death on into the future from climate change.

So a selection of voters who supported Obama are insulting to those that offer a view that differs from their own?

Color me shocked!!!:eek:

u cave man.

Not a cave man, just ignorant and crazy - but I vote and the state still issued me a CCW permit. :thumbsup:

Which makes you a caveman bitter clinger!

This coming from lynn, the compassionate conservative who has charged the ederly to put away their walkers to pay for those higher energy costs.

Mandatory sterilizations to perserve Gaia, NOW!!

It was a truism LONG before global warming came along:

“If you’re not a liberal when you’re young you have no heart. But if you’re not conservative by the time you’re old, you have no brain.”

It takes other forms: “What do you call a liberal after he’s been mugged? A conservative.”

The point to both is that it’s nothing new that left wing politics appeals to young people and that that attraction fades as people actually start spending years as taxpayers. That will remain equally true on this issue as people start to comprehend just how much money is going to be vacuumed from their wallets in the name of “saving the planet.” Just ask the Spaniards and Germans right now.

u neanderthal.

I guess I have no heart.

But then, my father was murdered when I was a teen, and I got mugged shortly after that. :shrug:

I guess I was born without heart, I’ve always been a conservative :D.

It probably isn’t such a hit to Republican chances that Democratic youth are against climate change dissenters.

I thought the more important take-away is that nearly half of Republican youth (under 35) are less likely to vote for CC dissenters – which is bad news for Republicans since 55% of Republicans congressmen in the House are CC dissenters, and 65% in the Senate (stats mentioned in the article). With those figures the balance of power could shift decidedly away from the Republicans (Of course, they could back away from their CC dissent and secure their seats. :newidea:) Nah, they won’t do it.)

BTW, as a youth I was a dyed-in-the-wool conservative Republican – a strong Nixon and Eisenhower supporter & totally against Kennedy – but with age I’ve liberalized a lot. Maybe if I live to be 90 I’ll become a communist or something :slight_smile:

Or, what may have happened is I remained the same, but some Republicans, esp the CC dissenters, have now gone off the deep end into radical, no-science, flying-blind conservativism that is so far out no sensible, sincere person can stomach it.

Or maybe a bit of both.

A conservative that supported Nixon? Really? Is that like the conservatives that supported Carter?

Wow. Broadbrush much? :confused:

Well, I supported Nixon whole-heartedly before Watergate. And have now gained a renewed appreciation of him, since learning that he established the EPA by executive order, bec Congress was dithering, and that he is considered the best environmental president to date. (There are serious problems with Obama re the environment.)

I was brought up hating FDR – we weren’t even allowed to mention his name in our family :slight_smile:

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/8qzmac99xesejvlsyd4cog.png

gallup.com/poll/1675/most-important-problem.aspx

Where is climate change?

The real fools are the ones who made (or kept) the concerns for God’s creation a political issue!:shrug:

I said “some” – that’s a narrow brush. I’m thinking of cases where they have muzzled gov scientists telling them their own state is in jeopardy from CC effects, such as sea-level rise and hurricanes, etc. They have disallowed any consideration of CC and its effects in their plans for coast development, etc :eek:

To me that’s flying blind into the future – ignoring expert findings, projections, and advice. And it seems, as the poll found, to amount to an issue of ignorance, being out-of-touch, and just downright craziness.

The climate fluctuates, and always has and always will. The disagreement has never truly been about whether climate fluctuates. The disagreement is against those who seek to expand their power and wealth from these natural fluctuations over which they cannot possibly have control.

:thumbsup:

I think we’re close to hearing Obama announce some new moves to make energy cost more. There is already an Obama political advocacy thread on this subject, so now we get another one. The advocacy ads (threads) always appear shortly before some new offensive by this administration.

In all of the moralizing that will soon be done here by the Obama supporter or supporters, keep in mind that Obama’s promise to make utility bills “skyrocket” will have disproportionate effects on the poor and the elderly. His anti-energy plans will make food and every product people buy, more expensive.

This from the man who imported 54 heavily armored vehicles for his African vacation and required round-the-clock overhead jet fighter coverage. He doesn’t believe in it himself. Nor does Bill Gates, George Soros, Al Gore or any of the big money supporters of manmade global warming. They have invested billions in “alternative energy” schemes, and intend that they pay off.

For those men, Obama wants to oppress the poor and the elderly.

Oh yes, and the majority of Americans no longer believe in manmade global warming, though they once did. That’s why the OP talked only about younger Americans, who might well still believe it.

Obama has also complained about us “clinging” to our guns and religion. It’s funny because I’m a Republican, and I don’t own a gun (although I wouldn’t take away the right of someone else to own one if they are a law abiding citizen).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.