Wahabe

Can a follower of Islam please explain to me how the Wahabe interpretation of the Shariah (the Law) be in conformity with the whole of the Quran and hadith (written oral tradition), even the most narrow acceptance of what is hadith and what is not?

Thank you for your time?

Allahw Akbar

bump … I’m hoping to get a real answer to this as I am curious.

To be honest, nobody knows. ive never met/read about/ seen/heard of any wahabes. No idea whatsoever as to what they believe or who they are. And I dont know anyone who knows what they are…and no one I know knows anyone. etc

I think someone here once said the wahabes is to Islam like the puritans is to Christianity.

wa salam

[quote=fatuma]I think someone here once said the wahabes is to Islam like the puritans is to Christianity.

wa salam
[/quote]

Yes that is a good analogy and that is why I asked my question. Wahabe sects are the main influence in Saudia Arabia and such persons as Osam bin Ladin follow the interpretation. They are the group that has the tomb of Muhamed destroyed because they believed his tomb was shirk (idolatry). Some of their beliefs do not seem to be in accord with the Sharih and I was hoping to understand how it is reconsiled.

[quote=mosher]Yes that is a good analogy and that is why I asked my question. Wahabe sects are the main influence in Saudia Arabia and such persons as Osam bin Ladin follow the interpretation. They are the group that has the tomb of Muhamed destroyed because they believed his tomb was shirk (idolatry). Some of their beliefs do not seem to be in accord with the Sharih and I was hoping to understand how it is reconsiled.
[/quote]

big misconception… usaamah bin laadin does not follow the teachings of muhammad bin 'abdil-wahhaab (who is the one people say is the founder of the wahhaabees). he is upon the way of the khawaawrij (kharajites).

[quote=r.gonzales]big misconception… usaamah bin laadin does not follow the teachings of muhammad bin 'abdil-wahhaab (who is the one people say is the founder of the wahhaabees). he is upon the way of the khawaawrij (kharajites).

[/quote]

Thank you for your knowledge … could you please explain to your knowledge these two paths.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.