Waiter tipped $500 for act of kindness

(CNN)Kasey Simmons loves to make people smile. But Tuesday, the 32-year-old waiter was the one beaming.

A customer at the Dallas-area Applebee’s restaurant where he works left him an unforgettable tip.

“They ordered the cheapest thing on the menu,” Simmons said. “Flavored water.”
The total bill was $0.37. The tip was $500. A note, written on a napkin explained why.

cnn.com/2016/08/19/living/iyw-waiter-tipped-big-for-kindness/index.html

What a wonderful story, and about two separate acts of generous spirit towards a stranger. :slight_smile:

We need more kindness, more caring, in this world. And we need to read about such things, to keep our own spirits up.

I love heartwarming stories like this!~ Thanks for posting it.

Nice!

This kind of tip used to be common in Las Vegas. It was a way to avoid the credit card fee and interest for a cash advance. The restaurant or bar would hand over the cash minus a small fee. I would never do anything crooked like that, but I heard about it somewhere. :stuck_out_tongue:

There has been a crackdown on the practice because both the banks and the owners of the bar or restaurant were the losers, in addition to the gambler who usually lost the money he or she borrowed this way.

This story is nicer than that.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.