Waiting for Superman

Has anyone seen the documentary and would you care to give your opinion. I watched the first half in college recently and found it fascinating how one of the biggest reasons reform can't happen and bad teachers are allowed to teach is because of the Unions themselves! The most shocking scene for me had to be where they showed those teachers who failed to meet standard were given full pay to sit around in a room for six hours playing cards with equally bad teachers. The cost of paying these people was also a huge shock to me.

We just received this movie from Netflix, and started watching it last night. I will be most interested to see the rest of it, as I have heard wonderful things about this documentary. The children who have been introduced thus far seem so bright and eager; it’s terrible to think of the educational system letting them down.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.