Waiting until marriage delimma unresolvable alone, help seriously needed?

You problably think all of these comments are obsessive, and you probably have no idea what I am even talking about in this question anymore. As a final post unless if find something I just have so say eyeroll:

“Welcome to the story of my life.”

What did I say about trying to understand anything I am saying. It is nice and all, but the best thing I can hope for is that you have been too confused to answer. You can keep answering and I guess I will gauge along.

I have many reasons for liking her and just as many for not liking her. When I first openned in high school, I kind of just seemed wierd. I always seemed a bit off to my friends and I have no idea what exactly she saw in me. Either way, she appeared to not get wierded out like many of my friends during the slow process of openning. Of course I lost none, but I can tell they found it a bit surprising. She focuses extremely heavily on having an inviting personality and is in the top 20 of the nicest kids I know. What else needs to be straightend out (literally, what is next on the list of misformed statements?)?

I guess it is good that I am doing this; I will improve if I keep practicing. It seems like I worded just about everything in this wrong though sigh.

You appear to be a gentle soul discovering your inner self and how you relate to others. There may be many opportunities to grow as a person, hopefully, you will continue to place God above anyone or anything.

Pray.

Talk to God.

Listen to God.

Connect with people you highly value like your parents, family, friends, Priest, people in your faith community and other dear ones. Here you will learn there are common threads in life we often experience, allow God’s Wisdom to guide you and if any sin may be involved, please make a good confession.

*Lord, have mercy on Angelshark8, please grant this soul many graces and angelic help in the face of every temptation. Instil in this soul a zeal to find the sacrament of reconciliation, at the least when any mortal sin is committed. Shine your divine light into this darkened pilgrimage, that this soul be emboldened by the warmth of your radiance and strive for holy obedience, now, unto the eternal garden of joy. Cultivate in this soul the virtues of joy, faith, hope, and love. Have mercy, Lord. Our Lady, angels, and saints, pray with us. Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Blessings and peace. :slight_smile:

Don’t beat yourself up. Lots of people go through this at 17. In high school, I was fat, about 100 pounds heavier than I am today and that was 10 years ago! I had low self esteem. To this day, I still struggle because I grew up with such a negative self image.

When I was 17, I worked at a Boy Scout summer camp. One of the only girls working at this camp would constantly flirt with me. This was a new experience for me and I was very excited about it. Then, I saw her flirting with several other guys but in a more direct way, and, well, I was crushed. Then she started dating one of them, I was crushed even more! I probably could have written an entry just about as long as yours, but then I got over it. :slight_smile:

You are probably like me and thinking too much into it. The truth is that some girls flirt for attention. She might just like the fact that she knows you like her and she wants to keep you around for that reason alone. It’s incredibly cruel but common. Sadly, it’s happened to me more than once, even into my twenties.

To them it can mean nothing, and if you are inexperienced in dating, you can easily misread signs. It is so hard when you are around someone like this, especially if they keep flirting with you, but unfortunately you have to just get over it and move on.

You seem like a good person. You’ll be happy that you waited till you were married. I’ll be getting married in May and have been chaste for a year. I promise you, sex outside of marriage is a roller coaster of pain and hurt. Be proud of your virginity. Women will respect it, at least the ones looking for a husband. I know a guy who’s 32, a strong Christian, and a virgin. He’s dated girls who aren’t virgins, but they have respected him a lot for his beliefs. It’s all about confidence.

God Bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.