Waking during wet dream

This past night I woke and realized I had a wet dream. I cleaned up and went back to bed. I know wet dreams aren’t sinful. Later the same night, however, I woke from a dream that I cannot rememeber even being sexual in nature and I woke at the moment of climax(orgasm). I was asleep during the build up or stimulation to the climax and I don’t even remember the dream very well but I feel terrible since I felt the climax. I feel really terrible about this and would like to know if this is a mortal sin.

Thank you

it is not any kind of sin. when we are asleep we are not in control of our minds in the same way as being awake a fully conscious. It would not be fair to punish in this way. When this happens to me, I pray and also contemplate the possibility of God releasing some sexual energy without me being guilty of lust.

Not a mortal sin. Can’t possibly be. Be at peace. It’s the devil trying to get you down.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.