Wal-Mart expands low-priced drug program

BENTONVILLE, Ark. - Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the world’s biggest retailer, said Monday it will offer 90-day prescriptions for $10 and lower the prices of more than 1,000 over-the-counter medications to $4 or less.

The company said the offerings are the third phase of its $4 prescription program.

Beginning Monday, Wal-Mart said it will begin filling prescriptions for up to 350 generic medications at $10 for a 90-day supply.

| story |

There are a lot of anti-WalMart folks on this board. I wonder what they have to say about this. Because of this innovation by WM, other pharmacies are following suit. Important progress in the pharmaceutical affordablity issue…Roanoker

I was wondering the same thing. Any Wal-Mart thread seems to bring a lot of posts about the goods and evils of the corporation. I thought this was a pretty good example of a “good.”

I unashamedly shop at Wal-Mart. Living on social security, I have to watch pennies and they are fifteen to forty per cent cheaper than grocery stores, about half of which in this area are foreign owned. The Wal-Mart pharmacy takes very good care of me. I get prescriptions filled in a fraction of the time it takes at Walgreen’s, everyone calls me by name, and the pharmacist I usually deal with is as cute as she can be.

Wal-Mart will no doubt be attacked again by the Senior Senator from New York. Last time he accused Wal-Mart of being “unfair” and “undercutting” other drug suppliers.

Apparently in Senator Schumer’s world, giving the ordinary citizens a break is a bad thing.:rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.