#WalkAway Movement to Abandon Liberalism Goes Viral | Breitbart

You really do believe the stuff you read on Breitbart, don’t you?

As the Internet fragments, our understanding of what it means to go “viral” has become complicated, and increasingly meaningless. A hashtag claiming to capture a movement among liberals has gone viral, in this case, almost exclusively on the right-wing Internet, as a reinforcement of one of its binding ideas.

There’s little actual evidence to suggest that #WalkAway represents a mass conversion of millions — or even thousands — of Democrats to the Trump Train since Straka’s video. Instead, the #WalkAway hashtag is going Conservative Internet viral on the same hope driving recent pro-Trump support of Kanye West: that the country is on the verge of a mass conversion to conservative thought, a Great Awakening of sorts. And the thing about anticipating an awakening is that it never actually has to happen for the idea of it to go viral.

Did you miss the discussion yesterday, The “virality” has accomplices.
https://forums.catholic.com/t/so-now-you-want-civility/495526/201?u=dvdjs

FYI, #WalkAway doesn’t equal joining the GOP.

Did I say it did?

Why would anyone walk away from a party with such a beautiful young Latina like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez about to win a seat in Congress?

Your quote said it

There’s little actual evidence to suggest that #WalkAway represents a mass conversion of millions — or even thousands — of Democrats to the Trump Train

Oh, wait – you really think this “movement” is legit? You really think Trump is driving millions – or even thousands – away from liberalism?

I think the originating video may be legit,
and I think the Dem party is doing the driving, not Trump

Sane people recognize late stage TDS, and it is scary to observe.

… and right into the arms of Social Democrates.

Yes, apparently some delusion is occurring 'round here…

Could very well be true for some, but they are also the ones who were vilified in the video.
Watch it if you haven’t yet.

Kanye came out against the dem party and their antics, not as a conservative.

The Democratic Party is way more diverse than the rapidly shrinking GOP and actually represents what Americans value. I really hope they can get a great turnout for the midterms.

Oh, geez. Please say you’re not putting stock in what Kanye West thinks.

You are really starting to sound defensive.

Kanye is a great example of a media figure, popular with much of the base (he’s not country), who has come out and criticized the party, and incidentally been shut down by the intolerant elites for doing so.

I’m just going to comment on Kanye. I just read he’s planning on releasing 52 albums in a year, one a week.

That’s, um, ambitious.

Said someone in every election cycle since 1988.

The rumors of either party’s death are greatly exaggerated, though the Democrats are the ones losing seats in record numbers since 2008.

That’s not what I heard…

The democrat party represents what Americans value? Not the Americans I
know.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.