Wanting to Share the Good News

Hi all.

Isn’t it wonderful to have forums like these available! :slight_smile:

Just joined to say hi and share a site designed to share the “Good News” of our loving Father and how we can know Him personally through the sacrifice and victory of Christ.

(Please PM poster for link to site if interested)

It is designed to be clean, simple & concise and yet open the powerful doorway to wisdom and understanding for the many who need to know the truth - to know Him! :rolleyes:

Maybe some of you here in this forum would consider helping get the word out about this site. If you should decide to help, please do it ethically and please do not use any form of spam. Thanks for understanding. :wink:

Ken
Site Administrator
(Please PM poster for link to site if interested)

Hi, Ken.

I might check your site out. Why don’t you check this one out a little too? There are a lot of great people here to go with you to find a deeper faith! :slight_smile:

Alan

Thanks Alan.

I look forward to seeing the things offered throughout this site. Mostly, I always look forward to meeting people who are commited to God.

The deeper faith, what a walk!

Mine started when He placed me in a family with parents who love The Lord with their whole hearts. Their example has been a highly motivating and inspirational challenge to my life.

I recognized that I needed Christ to be The Lord of my life at the age of eight. From that time on He and I have been “working out my salvation.” One thing I can say about our Father… He sure is patient! :slight_smile:

How about you? How and when did your walk toward the deeper faith begin?

• Ken :slight_smile:

Hi Ken,

Welcome to the CAF. Maybe some of the “TRUTH” you learn on this site you can take back to yours? I don’t think I’ll be sending anyone to “The Son Rose” untill it corrects the errors in the links it gives. (It’s all Protestant stuff?)

The Bible links on that site are missing entire books of Scripture! Who gave those editors the right to abuse Gods love letter to us? To rewrite Scripture to their own whim and fancey? Who gave a bisexual king the right to rewrite Gods Book? Who gave Luther the “keys” to delete 11+ books of Scripture? Who gave British publishers in the 1800’s the right to delete books out of the “Authorized King James Bible”?

Sorry, but I cannot recommend anyone searching for the “TRUTH” to go to a site that missleads them in that search.:frowning:

A love for God is not the same as a ‘true’ Faith in God. I spent 26 adult years loving God as a Protestant, now I’ll spend the rest of my years loving God and following Him in ALL His truth and glory as a Catholic in His Church the Catholic Church.

Praise God! I’m a BORN AGAIN CATHOLIC! I’ve taken the scales off my eyes. Stay here and read Ken, you may loose some scales too.

I’ll say a rosary in your name tonight. I can see you love God greatly! Now we just have to get you to put Him above all else and to follow Him home to Rome!:thumbsup:

PS, perhaps this thread should be moved to the NON-Catholic section since it tries to get Catholics to check out Protestant sites?

Wow! I appreciate the welcome. This ought to prove to be an interesting discussion. Let’s just remember, Paul encouraged us in Romans 12 (paraphrasing) Be at peace with all men, as far as you are able.

Welcome to the CAF. Maybe some of the “TRUTH” you learn >on this site you can take back to yours? I don’t think I’ll be >sending anyone to “The Son Rose” untill it corrects the errors in >the links it gives. (It’s all Protestant stuff?)

Maybe you are going to be specific about the errors as I read down?

The Bible links on that site are missing entire books of >Scripture! Who gave those editors the right to abuse Gods love >letter to us? To rewrite Scripture to their own whim and >fancey? Who gave a bisexual king the right to rewrite Gods >Book? Who gave Luther the “keys” to delete 11+ books of >Scripture? Who gave British publishers in the 1800’s the right to >delete books out of the “Authorized King James Bible”?

I am sure that you are talking about The Apocrypha not being in the text of the scriptures there. The great thing is, we both believe in The same scriptures Gen - Mal and Mat - Rev. The Old and New Testaments, I understand have been faithfully translated and held up to scrutiny for centuries. The Catholic Bible has these, correct?

I am not so concerned that the whole of any scripture is used at any one time. If I had to quote the entire “Bible” every time I wanted to quote a verse, that would be ludicrous, don’t you think?
So the fact that these links use only The Old and The New is not a great concern of mine. Yes, The King James is there, but so are many other translations, versions and transliterations. As far as I can tell ( I don’t speak or read most of the languages there,) the primary content of the ones I can read are faithful to the “intent” of the author; what God wants to convey.

The concern for TheSonRose.com is that people get to know Christ and come to understand that our Father can be trusted with our lives.

Sorry, but I cannot recommend anyone searching for >the “TRUTH” to go to a site that missleads them in that search.:frowning:

:eek: What exactly do you find misleading? :eek:

A love for God is not the same as a ‘true’ Faith in God. I spent

I couldn’t agree with you more!

26 adult years loving God as a Protestant, now I’ll spend the >rest of my years loving God and following Him in ALL His truth >and glory as a Catholic in His Church the Catholic Church.

If that is what The Lord has for you, then I know your time will be blessed. Before you became a Catholic, what was your attitude torwards them? Did you ever think you would become one?

Praise God! I’m a BORN AGAIN CATHOLIC! I’ve taken the >scales off my eyes. Stay here and read Ken, you may loose >some scales too.

More than just reading, I meet with and have quite a few good friends and Catholic brothers. Some I meet and discuss “spiritual” things with on a regular basis. I hope we can be as Solomon stated, “iron sharpening iron” with each other.
I have no doubt I have more to learn and areas to grow in.

I’ll say a rosary in your name tonight. I can see you love God >greatly! Now we just have to get you to put Him above all else >and to follow Him home to Rome!:thumbsup:

I appreciate your prayer and I’m glad you can see that I do love The Lord. I know He is worthy of far greater. The main problem I see with most religions is that sooner or later the human element gets in the way. For example, you apparently believe I must take up the Roman way to be pleasing and have nothing else before God. However, I have not had any direction from Him to even consider that. I certainly am open to counsel and discussion, but in the end I must follow the direction God gives me personally.

Thanks again for your response and welcome.
I’ll be praying with you.

The greatest of these… is love!

• Ken

Faith, Hope and Love. What wonderfull gifts indeed.

Faith, an ongoing act of obedience with works flowing out of it and not a one time Born Again event.

Hope, because we do not have assurance of salvation.

Love, because it is the greatest of all gifts. It is eternal.

When you bring up 1 Cor 12 & 13 you go straight to the core of the Catholic Faith and its Truth as stated in Sacred Scripture, ALL 73 books of it. Good job!

I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

Click here to see all 73 books of Sacred Scripture.
JMJ

Hi everyone! :wave:

Here’s another good sight:

www.biblechristiansociety.com

:bible1: tapes/CD’s are free, too!

God bless,
Little Mary

[quote=Little Mary]Hi everyone! :wave:

Here’s another good sight:

www.biblechristiansociety.com

:bible1: tapes/CD’s are free, too!

God bless,
Little Mary
[/quote]

Great link Little Mary

Here is the best link of all:

Click here.

Some other great sites:

Here.
Here.

:thumbsup:

Well, I kind of like this one, too!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.