War Bewteen Islam & Christianity?

This problem is past, present and future. Confrontations between the two religions; for whatever reason, is very likely in today’s world. Do you think there will be problems in the near future? Will new crusades & jihads emerge?. And how can we solve these issues with war as a last resort? 1 Billion Christians vs 1 Billion Muslims an’t a pretty site :frowning:

[quote=†ChristPaladin†]This problem is past, present and future. Confrontations between the two religions; for whatever reason, is very likely in today’s world. Do you think there will be problems in the near future? Will new crusades & jihads emerge?. And how can we solve these issues with war as a last resort? 1 Billion Christians vs 1 Billion Muslims an’t a pretty site :frowning:
[/quote]

there are two billion christians and 950 muslims. and the new cruscade has begun, 911.

[quote=Dph]there are two billion christians and 950 muslims. and the new cruscade has begun, 911.
[/quote]

No more caffeine for you. :rolleyes:

**Two billion Christians who sit around and do nothing can be easily wiped out by a smaller amount of Muslims with lots of suicide bombers.:crying: **

How can we solve the problem with war as the last resort? I think that over the years we have been doing this, and now WE ARE at the last resort.

But more importantly, I think we could without a doubt step up the evangelical area of Christianity, especially with the young folk. It is not the least bit ironic that is the age group that the Pope really reached out to the most.

Islam is going out on a mass conversion mission, and they are succeeding at a rapid rate. Unfortunately, we have this secularized world out there, and these kids who have grown up with no religious upbringing think that they have actually found God for the first time, except they were given Allah instead. Read the second letter of Peter on false teachers!!! How they target the ones who are confused!!!

We have to educate our people, strengthen their faith. It all starts in our OWN backyard.

Well I don’t want like a all out war. Because I have many good muslim/non-muslim friends who are from the middle east ( And this really cute chick who is into me, who is orthodox thou :banghead: ) We sometimes joke around, calling each other infedils :rolleyes:.

This movie looks pretty awsome, check out the two trailers. apple.com/trailers/fox/kingdom_of_heaven/

While I have no doubt that you or I would die for the Church; a Crusade against Muslims? I really don’t think that is necessary in these times… not yet anyway. Remember that the wars of the Old Testament were justified through National Revelation to the Jewish People, which is public revelation on a massive scale, which hasn’t happened for thousands of years. I don’t think the Crusades of the Middle Ages were the work of the Holy Spirit, and I don’t think a modern-day copy would be a wise decision. Unlike ancient Israel there is no threat of eradication facing God’s people. Let the secular governments handle it.

I doubt this will happen but if the Church starts a Crusade I would be the first in line. I think it’s more likely that democracy will force it’s way into the middle east and then Christianity will consume Islam in conversion.

-D

[quote=Neithan]While I have no doubt that you or I would die for the Church; a Crusade against Muslims? I really don’t think that is necessary in these times… not yet anyway. Remember that the wars of the Old Testament were justified through National Revelation to the Jewish People, which is public revelation on a massive scale, which hasn’t happened for thousands of years. I don’t think the Crusades of the Middle Ages were the work of the Holy Spirit, and I don’t think a modern-day copy would be a wise decision. Unlike ancient Israel there is no threat of eradication facing God’s people. Let the secular governments handle it.

[/quote]

Did you know… that most of the “beautiful” mosques in the Mid East look strikingly similar to many churches? The domes on top? Well… that’s because many of those “mosques” used to be Byzantine Churches!!! And guess how the Muslims got them? The Ottoman Empire slaughtered the Christians. Guess who stopped the mass Christian slaughter?

The Crusades.

So, I’m sorry, but I have to disagree to a certain point on the Holy Spirit being absent during the Crusades, because we have to admit, if it weren’t for them, we would all be in prostration five times a day facing Mecca. :frowning:

Also, Joan of Arc was afterall canonized as a Saint also, wasn’t she? She led men through … war. Just something to make you think on, that’s all.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not out there for some blood-spilling spree. Like I said, what we all have to do now is educate our young ones, and reinstate the faith in others, because the largest problem we have now is the conversion rates. Secular kids are being targeted. Has anyone noted the spiritual/religious condition of the UK lately? There are more practicing Muslims than Christians, and most of those UK Muslims used to be Christians! :frowning:

[quote=†ChristPaladin†]This problem is past, present and future. Confrontations between the two religions; for whatever reason, is very likely in today’s world. Do you think there will be problems in the near future? Will new crusades & jihads emerge?. And how can we solve these issues with war as a last resort? 1 Billion Christians vs 1 Billion Muslims an’t a pretty site :frowning:
[/quote]

Here is the problem that will always bring Christian ity and Islam into conflict. Both religions have a moral imperative to evangelize and convert. Christians believe that Muhamedians are infidels (no faith) because of their views about Jesus Christ. Therefore, Christians believe that Muslims need to convert for their salvation. Sounds simple, hold the phone. Muslims believe that Jews and specifically Christians corrupted God’s Word, so Mohamed had to reformulate God’s teachings into the Qu’ran, which is the pure word of God (according to them). THEY have the imperative to bring all people from Dar al Harb (house of war)the into the Dar al Islam (house of God). They believe all those who are not follows of Islam (submission) are at war with God. So, we have two religions with opposing beliefs, but identical world missions, all in the name of God. Now, if this isn’t the physical manifestation of spiritual warfare, i don’t know of a better example.

Umm…

Why are Muslims ignoring Vatican II?

[quote=John_19_59]Umm…

Why are Muslims ignoring Vatican II?
[/quote]

Why would they pay any attention to it?

We already told them we worship the same God - what’s up with them?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.