Was Cain really Satan's son?

Just a question…don’t know if it has been asked before…
I know that sounds more like I’ve been reading too much Protestant literature--------actually, I WAS reading the (non-canonical) Book of Enoch, which mentioned the Nephilim, who were the offspring of renegade angels and mortal women and the REAL reason God flooded the earth (according to the book). Supposedly they were also related to the offspring of Cain, who some theorize may have actually been Eve’s son by the Serpent.

If true, would really explain a lot of actions and things in the Bible, wouldn’t it----(Like, why the Bible does not really recognize Cain’s descendants as being favored by God but Seth’s offspring ARE).

How do folks feel about it? We’ll never know, of course, but don’t you guys think there is a strong possibility he IS the Evil One’s Son in the Bible? :o:)

Why would you expect to find truth in a non-canonical book?
If it had been true and divinely inspired it would be in the Bible, therefore why read it except as a book of fiction?

The canonical bible, in Genesis says clearly:

**“Adam made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, “With the help of the LORD I have brought forth a man.” Later she gave birth to his brother Abel.” ** Genesis4 1-2

Cain’s punishment was due to his sin of murder of his brother.
Why would we say satan was his father unless we are prepared to say satan is the father of every murderer.
When reading books that are not about true but are rejected by the Canon as not inspired words of God, we run the risk of being led into falsehood.

".**…the LORD said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? 7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.” Now Cain said to his brother Abel, “Let’s go out to the field.” While they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him.
Then the LORD said to Cain, “Where is your brother Abel?”
“I don’t know,” he replied. “Am I my brother’s keeper?”
The LORD said, “What have you done? Listen! Your brother’s blood cries out to me from the ground. Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand. When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth.” **
Genesis 4 7-12

May God bless you. :slight_smile:

Cain is not the seed of Satan (at least not in the sense I think you mean). Cain and Abel are both the seed of Adam. From Abel came the righteous line and from Cain came the wicked line. The “Nephilim” are actually the offspring of the sons of the righteous line (the “sons of God”) intermarrying with the women of Cain’s line (the “daughters of men”).

I’m sorry I misspoke… the righteous line is from Seth, not Abel. I think the rest is correct.

Thanks for the post.

Actually, I didn’t make it clear, sorry----it REALLY DOES NOT MATTER to me one way orn another; I’m only “speculating.” I actually tend to to not agree with this--------I’m simply thinking about some stuff that I read.

BTW, the book of Enoch does not deal with Cain’s paternity------reading it simply put me in mind of some theories I had read. And yes, it IS non-canonical. I understand and agree it should not be emphasized over the Canonical Books.

As to the quotes you put up (thanks, BTW):

Some commentators that I have read in the past (“fundies,” to be honest) put this forward (and I am NOT saying I agree with this. Just telling of what I’ve read. what you believe is up to you. Again, just putting forth what I read.)

1. “With the help of the LORD I have brought forth a man.”
    Notice that Abel is NOT forth from the “Lord.” Only Cain. And why is Abel NOT “brought forth with the help of the LORD?” And who is the LORD? Yes, I know, that is stretching it WAY far. :rolleyes:

2. Abel-----------means “Breath.”

Cain-----------means “Possesion.” (ACCORDING to the source I read, mind you.)

Breath implies a “living soul.”

Possesion indicates a “possesed soul.”

The implication is, of course, that the devil “possesed” Cain through “intercourse” with Eve and was able to put HIS seed and HIS branch of descendants on the Earth. (Again, THEIR interpretation).

Remember, Cain’s line is NOT blessed by God (for obvious reasons)----in fact, his descendants end up being the CAANANITES and other “evil” races, which the Israelites have to remove from the Promised and which end up worshipping Pagan Demonic idols—and so on.

Only Seth’s line is blessed.
Supposedly the Nephillim also may have interbred with Cain’s race----whoch is also one of the reasons God had to Flood the Earth.

1. Remember this also-----Cain’s behavior and behavior is all in keeping with the curse that God puts on the Serpent:

“I will put EMNITY (mutual hatred) between you and the woman, and between THY SEED and HER SEED; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shall bruise his head.” (Genesis 3:15).

Words emphasized are MINE, of course. Parenthetical not, as well.

What is TRUE meaning of these words, they would ask? And with those particualr words emphasized? “THY SEED and HER SEED?” Why say this?

AGAIN, I tend to not believe this-----simply putting this out there to see what people think. And this are just some of the “reasons” people have put forward as a possiblity. I could go on, but won’t.

Ultimately, like I said, it DOES NOT MATTER to me. But it is kind of interesting to read “alternate theories” of what may happened back in the Days of the Garden.

You make a good point about “murderers,” by the way.

Ultimately, I follow the Catechism and Magisteruim of Holy Mother Church. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes, that is what I was saying about the Nephilim. Like I said in the post above, though, the Nephilim are actually incidental to what I was saying.

Sorry, I go off on a tangent sometimes.

This may or may not be of more help than my last post:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpent_seed

This doctrine was denounced as heresy in the second century according to this article (that is, if we are talking about the same thing).

Thank you for the link!!! I would have anybody in this thread read the link. Fascinating, at the very least. :thumbsup:

Yes, I was sort of aware it has been denounced at heresy. Just speculating on it, like I said.

I accept the Magisterium totally, like I said.:thumbsup:

Well that’s a hard question being that the name Satan was meant to be used to lump all the gods or demons in one name. So wich Satan are you talking about? If I’m wrong please correct me, I’m here to learn and make sure I’m not wrong about things, please bear with me as I’m trying to learn and be sure of the path I choose.

Yeah, there is a current day pastor who teaches this Heresy, so it comes up from time to time. A fellow named Arnold Murray from Shepherd’s Chapel still today teaches that Cain is the literal seed of Satan, that the forbidden fruit was actually ‘sex’ with Satan. (Which would make both Adam and Eve having slept with Satan…) Which also would have meant God had said “You can sleep with anything in the garden, except Satan.” Very disturbing to say the least.

I believe you’ll find that there are indeed many things which can be called a satan, but when it’s capitalized, especially on a Christian forum, it refers specifically to the head dark Angel, not one of the lower minions. Hence Satan = the devil = Ha-Satan.

Thanks for you reply , I’m looking more for what’s his real name? Please understand my concern me being a Pagan and all.

Very very interesting. Thank you for your reply this is interesting. What I have learned is very similar but a little different as in DNA and instead of having sex the life force was injected , again thank you this is something for me to ponder .

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.