Was it mortal?

I was in the living room wishing my mom a good night and on the tv was a really skinny person. At the time, I thought being jealous was a mortal sin. I have scrupulosity and some mental issues to where thoughts come to mind and I can’t get them out. I thought for a moment, “I’m going to be jealous” or something like that and then my mind stopped me. It’s really difficult for me to know…I proceeded to look at that person (in admiration) for only a second or two…Please help me discern.

No, that’s not a mortal sin

Brief passing thoughts are not mortal sins. Feelings are not per se sinful. And jealousy is not always gravely immoral; it can be venial.

It seems that you are concerned at the time taken to decide to stop thinking, a second or two seems reasonable time to recognize what is happening, before willing to continue. Temptation itself if not a sin.

What would be the sin?

1. Was there a desire, willfully indulged in, to take or keep that persons thinness?
  2. Was there a desire, willfully indulged in,** to envy at their success** at being thin?

Baltimore Catechism

1. What does the tenth commandment forbid?
    The tenth commandment forbids all desire to take or to keep unjustly what belongs to others, and also forbids envy at their success.

Take heed and guard yourself from all covetousness, for a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions. (Luke 12:15)

Baltimore Catechism No. 4 commentary on 59 Q. Which are the chief sources of sin?:
“Envy” is the desire to see another meet with misfortune that we may be benefited by it. We are glad when he does not succeed in his business, we are sorry when anyone speaks well of him, etc. Envy comes under the Eighth Commandment.

So you think asking people on the internet about if you have mortal sin is a good idea? What if 3 people say no but one says yes?
We can tell you the three conditions that have to be met for sin to be mortal.
If you have scrupulocity issues you need to have a regular priest or spiritual advisor. It is not for Internet strangers to evaluate the state of your soul.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.