Was John Paul the First murdered?

JP1 served as Pope for a very short time (only 32 days, I believe).

Vatican sources said he died of natural causes, but (of course) his untimely death has inspired lots of rumors to the contrary.

Is there any evidence that any of these rumors are true? Or any obvious shortcomings with the Vatican’s position?

[quote=DavidFilmer]JP1 served as Pope for a very short time (only 32 days, I believe).

Vatican sources said he died of natural causes, but (of course) his untimely death has inspired lots of rumors to the contrary.

Is there any evidence that any of these rumors are true? Or any obvious shortcomings with the Vatican’s position?
[/quote]

Total BS.

It’s funny. The guy who wrote about this is James Corwall - the same guy who wrote “Hitler’s Pope”. He also wrote some garbage about JPII.

You think the guy has an axe to grind? He is a propagandist to the max.

I watched a show on the History channel last night about the Holy See, that very topic was brought up. They said that JPI had been in the hospital 8 times and had had 4 operations for a heart condition. So, I guess he either was not taking his meds or the job was too much for his bad heart. So, I doubt that he was murdered.

Conspiracy theories are for the small-minded. They are a form of glorified gossip that is self-perpetuated by the fact that the “truth” will never come out because, well, it’s a conspiracy.

In fact, true conspiracies are extremely difficult to maintain over any amount of time. Somebody almost always cracks.

Have you been watching too much Godfather III :slight_smile:

[quote=icequeen]I watched a show on the History channel last night about the Holy See, that very topic was brought up. They said that JPI had been in the hospital 8 times and had had 4 operations for a heart condition. So, I guess he either was not taking his meds or the job was too much for his bad heart. So, I doubt that he was murdered.
[/quote]

I saw most of the show. I liked the words at the end of the show. I don’t recall them exactly. But in so many words it was said that Pope Benedict XIV has taken his seat as the successor or Peter.

I thought Wow! Does everyone hear that! A secular channel telling like it is.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.