Was JP II the last good Pope?

I have read several times in the many books of various apparitions and prophecies that Pope John Paul II was the last good Pope and that the next Pope would be an anti-pope. Does anyone out there know where this came from?

Lindalou

[quote=lindalou725]I have read several times in the many books of various apparitions and prophecies that Pope John Paul II was the last good Pope and that the next Pope would be an anti-pope. Does anyone out there know where this came from?

Lindalou
[/quote]

Not a clue but I’d certainly change my reading material.

[quote=HagiaSophia]Not a clue but I’d certainly change my reading material.
[/quote]

Amen to that! The Holy Spirit is very much alive in His Church. The next Pontiff will be precisely whom God chooses, and will be protected from leading the Church astray.

sounds about like nostradamus stuff?

[quote=HagiaSophia]Not a clue but I’d certainly change my reading material.
[/quote]

[quote=Dr. Colossus]Amen to that! The Holy Spirit is very much alive in His Church. The next Pontiff will be precisely whom God chooses, and will be protected from leading the Church astray.
[/quote]

Second that. Those conspiracy people never let an opportunity go by. Be not afraid, our Lord and Savior Jesus told us that hell would not overcome His church.

[quote=Lost&Found]Second that. Those conspiracy people never let an opportunity go by. Be not afraid, our Lord and Savior Jesus told us that hell would not overcome His church.
[/quote]

Amen to that. John Paul II said himself Be Not Afraid. Jesus also said “Be Not Afraid I go before you always…” We need to trust in the Lord. The Holy Spirit will guide us in the right path. What good is it to dwell on all the negative things people say about their being anti popes and the end times. If we live our lives as we ought we have nothing to fear. I think we should all say a Holy Spirit novena, that he guide the cardinals as they decide on our next Holy Father.

God Bless, Kerri

What were reading? If you can find the source, then check his/her credibility. You will probably find your answer there. Always consider the source!

I think he is referring to St Malachy’s prophecies. Some people interpret it to mean that the next Pope will be the last good Pope, and that the Tribulation will begin while he is Pope. The following Pope will be the antichrist.

Others say that the final Pope doesn’t necessarily come after the next Pope, that there can be an unspecified number between them.

Others say its a bunch of Malarchy

The Catholic Encyclopedia has an entry on this subject.

I can’t see how the Holy Spirit will abandon the next Holy Conclave, especially considering Our Lord’s promise, “the gates of hell shall never prevail against it.”

I disagree - he ***is ***the last good Pope - but in about 2-3 weeks he won’t be :smiley:

Will The Next Pope Be the Last Pope?

Yup, Says Texe Marrs
So! It MUST be true, right?

”…just 2 more after Pope John Paul II who passed away on 2 April 2005.” Says this source.
So THEY must be right?

JOHN PAUL II – IS HE THE LAST POPE?
By Fr. Francois Turner, Blois, France

“After His Holiness Paul VI, there will be only two more popes before the end of the present period (el fin de los tiempos) which is not the end of the world. The Blessed Virgin told me so, but I do not know what that means.” Such are the words of Garabandal’s principal seer, Conchita, as reported by Fr. Laffineur in Star On The Mountain.
And Karl Keating Critically, on the same matter.

John Paul II is the (true) last Pope. The next one, an impostor, yet member of the hierarchy, will not be the true Vicar of Christ but, historically, he will be the last Pope.
This guy, “Miguel de Portugal” a.k.a. Michael Salabarius is a Gobbi-ite, Garabandalian, Medjugorian, exCatholic, etc.

Bayside confirms: Pope John Paul II The last Pope before the start of the great tribulation. (Garabandal)

Hang on! What does Jesus say? Something about only the Father knowing that time and the day, wasn’t it?

My take on the matter is that there are too many things that the Scriptures say about a great apostasy having to happen (and what we are experiencing today doesn’t come close to that!), the Jews are to convert en masse, Elias and Enoch are to return, etc.

Pope John-Paul II’s motto still holds true: “Be not afraid.”

closed #12

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.