Was Mary ever baptized or at the Last Supper?

Granted, she would not have needed it because of her Immaculate Conception. But then again, Jesus was also sinless, and He was baptized by John. Would Mary have gone through it, just as a formality?

Addendum: was she at the Last Supper?

I am afraid that the answer to both questions is that we do not know. There is nothing in the Bible to suggest either of those things.

What Leonardo da Vinci called “the last supper” was their yearly Passover dinner I think, was it not?

If so…since both men and women celebrated that together, I’d think there’s a good chance that Mary and other female disciples were there.
What are they gonna do, send the women away?
Also…who cooked? Did Jesus and the rest of the men cook and serve the dinner?
In those olden days of yore, the women usually did the majority of the cooking. If they cooked it and served it, chances are they sat down and ate it, too, and took part in this very important Jewish ritual.

Scripture says there were only 12 with Jesus when He ate the Passover meal.
Mt. 26:20-21 When it was evening, he sat at table with the twelve disciples; and as they were eating, he said, …

Mark 14:17-18 And when it was evening he came with the twelve. And as they were at table eating, Jesus said, “Truly, I say to you, one of you will betray me, one who is eating with me.”

Luke 22:14 And when the hour came, he sat at table, and the apostles with him.

If the women were in Jerusalem, they probably ate at the place they were staying for the night. Or, if they were at the same house as Jesus , then in some room other than the “upper room” where He & apostles were.

Yes, Jesus was baptized by John…John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance, not to wipe away original sin. Jesus allowed it as an example to the others.

As someone mentioned quoting Sacred Scripture, the twelve were at the last supper.

I don’t know about Blessed Mother Mary going through baptism as a formality.

And, likewise there is no mention of John the Baptist who didn’t need baptism because he was born without original sin, also.

Is that an official Church teaching, or a pious belief? Was never taught that, and the good sisters didn’t miss much.

Many of the priests around here mention it as a point of trivia, so I suppose it’s a teaching.

Yes, when Mary visited Elizabeth, the baby (John the Baptist) leapt in her womb for joy. At that point in time, he was freed from original sin by his cousin Jesus who was in Mary’s womb.

Uh…what?

Mary found out that her kinswoman Elizabeth was miraculously pregnant in her old age and went to visit her. At that time she was expecting Jesus. When Mary arrived, Elizabeth’s unborn baby, St. John the Baptist,’ leapt for joy in the his mother’s womb. He was filled with the presence of the Holy Spirit because Jesus was present there in Mary’s womb. He was baptized by being in the presence of Jesus. Therefore he was born without original sin.

Wow. What will they think of next?

Learn the faith; there are many surprises to be found!

Is there anything official on this or is it a theological theory (like limbo)?

Well, she would have needed it, I suppose, if she wanted to receive communion. I have no doubt that she was baptized. Remember, baptism does more than just forgive sins - it incorporates us into the body of Christ, it gives us the power to receive the other sacraments, and it gives us the graces to live our Christian vocation, all things which Mary could very much have used (her sinlessness didn’t mean God didn’t expect her to use the means to those ends). It is to be noted that, given her excellent dispositions, more excellent than any other saint, she would have also received more grace in her baptism than any other saint.

I don’t know if she was at the Last Supper.

Benedicat Deus,
Latinitas

This merely emphasises that “the 12” were there and sat with Christ…it does not say that no-one else was present. If someone asked “who was at the party?” you would probably name anyone known to the enquirer, for example. You probably wouldn’t reel off the entire guest list…

It’s not official, no:

catholic.com/quickquestions/was-john-the-baptist-born-without-original-sin

Jimmy Akin and Michelle Arnold says it is a pious belief. A priest on the EWTN website says it is Scriptural and true.

:confused:
Where are you getting this from?
sources for this theory, please.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.