Was Mary sinless?

Hi, My name is Brigitte and I’m from Australia. I have recently discovered Tim Staples CD’s and love listening to his insightful and knowledgeable teaching. I am a Catholic and need to explain to my non Catholic husband (even though christened a Catholic as a baby) how Mary is sinless. According to the book of Luke in her annunciation by Michael the angel, “Hail, full of grace”, us Catholics believe Mary is without sin. In Rev 12 the woman described as giving birth is Mary, but she suffers the pain of labor. Would you please explain why she suffered in her labor even though she is sinless? According to the book of Genesis all women had to endure labor pain due to Adam and Eve eating the forbidden fruit thus meaning Mary herself is not sinless because she herself suffered labor pain. If you could please provide an explanation, it would be greatly appreciated. God Bless, Brigitte:)

These links should give you the answers that you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:**

Immaculate Conception and Assumption

Mary: Ever Virgin (Fathers*)
Mary: Full of Grace (Fathers*)
Mary: Mother of God (Fathers*)

About Mary…where in the Bible does it say…
Was Mary sinless throughout her entire life?
Do I have to believe Mary was sinless to be a Catholic?
Mary’s Sinless Nature
If Mary was sinless, why did she need a Savior?
Did Mary suffer in childbirth?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.