Was my confession good?

I didn’t have time to pray a lot before the confession, and I was nervous so I didn’t have time to focus on how sorry I was.

However, a few days/weeks/etc. BEFORE I went into the confessional I did express sorrow for all my sins numerous times.

Was the confession valid?

Thanks!

Yes.

As long as your will to amend your life was sustained, i.e. as long as you didn’t change your mind about turning from your sins, your sorrow continues even if not expressed through words or emotion and your confession would have been valid.

Unless you deliberately sat there in the confessional thinking “I’m not even sorry for this at all. I don’t regret a bit of it, and as soon as I get out of here I’ll do it all again with glee!” then your confession was valid. Generally, going to confession is a sign of contrition for sin. If you weren’t really sorry, why else would you go? :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.