Was my Confirmation Valid?

This past Easter I was confirmed Roman Catholic and received the Eucharist for the first time. I was raised Protestant. Though I professed to believe “all that the Holy Catholic Church professes, teaches, and reveals to be true,” (I think those were the words) at the time I did not know every teaching of the Church and knew that there were areas of the faith I was anxious about. I was glad to be confirmed though, and I went through with the sacrament because I had faith that I had found the true church of Christ, and that everything I was unsure about I would eventually learn the answers to. Is there any possibility that God did not see my confirmation as valid because I professed to believe many truths I don’t even know yet? Is there any possibility I’m not actually Catholic even though I think I am?

Dear CK,

In submitting to the authority of the Catholic Church, you were giving assent to all that it teaches. You are not expected to understand everything. You obviously understood enough to commit yourself undconditionally. Rest assured, you are now a Catholic. Welcome, by the way.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.