Was my conversion valid?

I just want to make sure because at the time of my initiation on the Easter Vigil of 2013, I questioned the Church’s teaching on homosexuality and voting for pro-abortion politicians. It took me about 3 or 4 months after that to fully accept the Church’s teaching.

Sounds like you are good to me and received the grace of understanding!

yes, it was valid. :slight_smile:

Praise God! I just wanted to make sure. The reason why I was so defensive of voting for pro-choice politicians was because I really, really didn’t want to vote for Republicans in the previous election. And that led me to become a liberal, even to the point of questioning the Church’s teaching on women’s ordination, homosexuality, contraception and embryonic stem cell research. I regret that so deeply now.But then I realized I don’t HAVE to vote for either party, it is possible to reject both! From now on during presidential elections, I’m writing in an Independent candidate’s name, if there is one that is running on a socially conservative, economically progressive, anti-military intervention, anti-death penalty, pro-environment and pro-immigrant platform.

Your conversion is valid for certain. I would try to actively resolve issues you still have with the church’s teachings. Make a confession if need be. Most of all welcome home! :smiley:

Don’t worry, I don’t have any issues at all with any Church teaching as of now and haven’t since June of 2013 :smiley:

Praise God! :smiley: So nice to have you home! :extrahappy:

It is worth noting that conversion is a gradual and continuous process. Even after formally being received into the church, the conversion process does not end there, everyone has to always keep working on and improving the relationship with God :thumbsup:.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.