Was the last supper a mass?

When Jesus said “this is my body which will be offered up for you” he wouldn’t be lying - so I’m guessing the answer is yes - i just wonder how it fits in with the sacramental economy in general.

e.g. Jesus instituted baptism at the river Jordon - but was his baptism a sacramental baptism? Were the apostles baptised?

These questions make me realise that I know very little about how the apostolic period fits in to the grand scheme of salvation history

e.g. do you have: 1. Patriachs and prophets
2. Apostolic Age
3. Sacramental Age

My instinct is to adopt a “need to know” policy on all of this and say that the last supper WAS a mass, that the sacraments were instituted by christ and that as for the rest of it - who cares… but I’d be interested to hear other peoples views…

These links should give you the answers that you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]When was the first Mass?
*]How is Mass a participation in the sacrifice of Christ?
*]What is the origin of the word “Mass”?
*]
The Last Supper** from Original Catholic Encyclopedia
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.