Was the story of Adam and Eve a parable?

I've read this part of the bible a few times and this is the only part that I am skeptical about because were they really the first humans or just a tribe of humans because in the bible i've remember it stated

"God said, 'Let us make man in our own image, in the likeness of ourselves, and let them be masters of the fish of the sea, the birds of heaven, the cattle, all the wild animals and all the creatures that creep along the ground.'  God created man in the image of himself, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them. God blessed them, saying to them, 'Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth and subdue it. Be masters of the fish of the sea, the birds of heaven and all the living creatures that move on earth.' (Genesis 1:26-28) 

and it was way before it stated that God created Adam and Eve

The following links should answer your question about Adam and Eve. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

Were Adam and Eve real people?

Why are there two different creation stories in Genesis?
Why do Catholics say that the creation stories are symbolic?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.