Was thinking about Noah and Salvation

So I was thinking about the story of Noah and how God lets Noah know that the flood is coming. At that point, he has a choice to make. Will he follow God’s will and build the ark? Or will he disobey God, leading to his destruction in the coming flood. And that made me think of how each of us knows our physical death is coming and we have a choice to make.
Furthermore, once Noah says “Yes” to God and starts building the ark, he has to build an ark. This made me think of the debate about Sola Fide. Noah doesn’t just get an ark appearing before him once he says “yes,” he has to then work at doing God’s will. He has to build the ark to follow God’s plan for his salvation. This made me think of how just believing in God isn’t the sum of salvation. We have to then put in the work. We have to participate in God’s plan and help build our ark by praying, having the sacraments, and doing good works.

It was an interesting thought I was having. I’d be curious if anyone has anything that could further thoughts on this, I’d appreciate it.

We can see through Jesus, that his most blessed mother became the ark of the new covenant and that today through her we can hope in our salvation through her son Jesus Christ. This ark invites not just Noah’s family but all mankind to place ourselves in the protective ark and await a new life in heaven.

I like your post. It reminds me of Paul’s admonition in Philippians 2:12-13 where he tells us to “work out our salvation with fear and trembling.” We need to play an active part and cooperate with God’s saving grace.

If we love Jesus, we will listen to him and act on what God wills for us and that includes perserverence, hope and prayer. The first commandment is to love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul and all your mind.

Even more so, the Blessed Virgin. One of the things I love about the Word is that it constantly presents and affirms the truths of relationship with Him. The choice, the work, the Love, the temptations and mockery of those who do not follow God, the pain of watching others fall away and die in their sins, the salvation. It’s awe-inspiring and I often find a new perspective or nugget I hadn’t seen before to take away and meditate on…

Great thoughts! Thanks for sharing :wink:

Yes that is why good works are the fruits of our faith… makes sense.

Good thoughts! Thanks for sharing.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.