was this a mortal sin

:confused: Ok so The night I was confirmed I had a argument and cant remember whether i consented or not but I told my parents I hated them I immediately apologized and felt bad and they forgave me and I really don’t hate them but I was confirmed and received first eucharist did I commit sacrilege . Didn’t really think much of this indecent till now

Don’t sweat it, but try not to do it again. Your parents love you, even though they may not be perfect. There is no such of a thing as perfect parents or perfect children. I would mention it in confession and be at ease.

Don’t sweat it, but try not to do it again. Your parents love you, even though they may not be perfect. There is no such of a thing as perfect parents or perfect children. I would mention it in confession and be at ease.

I’m not sure. Also, did you realize ya’ all are neighbors?! Small world!

It would probably be best to ask your priest about this as well, but this sounds venial to me. Basically, for sin to be mortal, it must be done in a pre-meditated manner, you must know and understand that it is sin, and still decide to commit the sin. Generally, I don’t think a spat between people would be mortal because you did not set out to knowingly commit sin. And you realized your sin and immediately sought their forgiveness. Also the church teaches that the Eucharist covers venial sins. Hope this helps.

I would bring this up in confession anyway. It is good you realized you were wrong and apologized.

When in doubt just mention it in your next confession.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.