Was this a valid baptism? Part 2

I forgot to mention when I asked this the first time that the priest/deacon did NOT pour water a third time. Sorry for the confusion.

Recently, I was at a baptism where the priest/deacon said "I baptize you in the name of the Father’, (he poured water over the head) and then he said, ‘and of the Son’, he poured again but the water got all over the child’s face, and the parents tried to wipe it off (because the child was crying)…and then after he said ‘and of the Holy Spirit.’, but did he did NOT pour water a third time…Is this ok?

For the purposes of validity it does not matter if the water is poured or the person is immersed once, twice, or thrice. All that is required is the pouring of water or immersion and the Trinitarian formula.

The Catechism of Trent, The Sacrament of Baptism:

It is a matter of indifference whether the ablution be performed once or thrice. For it is evident from the Epistle of St. Gregory the Great to Leander that Baptism was formerly and may still be validly administered in the Church in either way. The faithful, however, should follow the practice of the particular Church to which they belong.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.