Was this ok for me?

hello i am in a wheelchair so i cant take care of my period so i got the depo pravera shot to stop them completely i know the catholic church says birth control is wrong but is stopping your period a sin to? ladies only

It is not sinful to use the birth control for non-contraceptive purposes. There are other reasons why others might advise you to avoid doing such things for your health, but it really is a matter of weighing out your options. Also some people tend to be concerned that if you are married, the hormones may create an environment in your system that would result in the death of unborn children if they were conceived. However, such deaths would not be your fault and again they’re just for your moral consideration. Some people tend to turn hormonal birth control into something no different from having a direct abortion, but they’re taking things to extreem when they do that.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.