Wash. Considers Law Mandating Abortion Coverage

“A bill has made it through Washington’s House and is now being considered in its Senate that would require almost all health plans under the state’s jurisdiction to offer coverage for abortions. The bill provides conscience clauses to protect religious organizations, however the exemptions are inadequate, according to critics.”

christianpost.com/news/wash-considers-law-mandating-abortion-coverage-70418/

An older article, but one with more detail.

theolympiareport.com/bill-requiring-health-insurance-cover-abortion-passes-senate/

The notable item for me:

Rep. Jay Inslee, D-Wash., the presumptive Democratic candidate for governor, supports the measure to force policyholders to pay premiums for abortions.

“The Reproductive Parity Act will provide a legal guarantee that all women have access to a full range of reproductive health services as the health care exchanges are established,” he said. “This is a matter of reaffirming our commitment to preserving choice for Washington women and ensuring women are ensured full control of their family planning and healthcare.”
Sigh. As if abortion were “health care”. :rolleyes:

This is my representative. Perhaps as part of his run for governor, he’ll bow out of the congressional election, and we’ll get somebody less rabidly pro-abortion.

If it does not provide adequate religious exemptions then it is unconstitutional, you can not force religious employers to pay for something for which they morally oppose.

Ah yes… The old Obama/Liberal shuffle… How many Catholics will fall for this one?

This is a prevue of what would happen in an Obama second term. Let’s not let that happen. Support the candidate with the best chance of defeating Obama. Right now, that looks like Romney. I may agree more with Santorum’s philosophy but we must keep our eyes on the ball or America as we know it will cease to exist. I include a link to the Lucerferian Litany of Obama’s abortion record. I have no window into the man’s soul but can only review his record, and that of his party.There are devils that can only be driven out by prayer and fasting, and then there are others that can be voted out of office.

lifenews.com/2010/11/07/obamaabortionrecord/

May our enemies repent and live, and the tribes of our friends increase.

I can assure all here -Obama will not get my vote or any vote from anyone that will listen to me.

Thanks to Abyssinia for the link:

seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2017652039_apwaxgrabortioninsurance2ndldwritethru.html?syndication=rss

This has been defeated! (For now…)

:thumbsup:

Absolutely! My mom voted for Obama and after a 10 minute conversation with me, she’s changing her vote. My sister is next on the list!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.