Washington Post Has to Make Embarrassing Correction After Reporting Trump Threatened to ‘Invade Mexico'

ijr.com/2017/02/792844-washington-post-has-to-make-embarrassing-correction-after-reporting-trump-threatened-to-invade-mexico/

More fake news. Are these people just downright lying to people now or are they just always seriously misinformed?

:popcorn:

LOL.

How many “mistakes,” “errors,” and “omissions” can one make on reporting the “news” and still retain credibility? Propaganda anyone? Misinformation anyone? Mockingbird anyone? As far as I am concerned, I will not purchase these papers, I have turned off the main stream TV channels, and I am boycotting the sponsors/ advertisers of these news organizations. I encourage all my family, friends and neighbors to do the same.

Well, the MIB’s read The Enquirer and all the other tabloids to get their factual information. I guess the Washington Compost wants to be “serious journalism” when it grows up too. :rolleyes:

youtube.com/watch?v=brawJsSUtxk

Apparently not even one.

This isn’t the first time the Washington Post has been embarrassed by releasing a news story that is down right false. Remember the “Russian Hackers” in the Vermont electrical grid story."
To refresh your memory. forbes.com/sites/kalevleetaru/2017/01/01/fake-news-and-how-the-washington-post-rewrote-its-story-on-russian-hacking-of-the-power-grid/#52cbb770291e

Downright lying! They all ran with the fake story that a man’s mother died because of the temporary ban. There is no integrity in the MSM !

Your right.
Let’s start a Ministry of Information that will control all this.
Little bit too much press freedom out there.
Time the Glorious Leader cracked down.

This was a FOX news story. I did a quick search; it seems that you idea that they (MSM) all ran with the story is false.

I saw it on Abc, NBC and CBS so don’t give me that. It was the second story on these networks

Not exactly. But there should be a counter-news station that reports on the other news networks. A station that does some level 2 research on stories to make sure they’re true enough to feed out.

Or something

No need for all that.

How about a call for truth in reporting for all journalists? Not spin or political rhetoric.

Press freedom does not include the right to disseminate false information.

Today’s best post!

The thing is, the MSM is coordinated to bring Trump down. They will not run a positive story on him. Its all negative

We already have a Ministry of Information. It was established by Barack Obama and the six owners of 95% plus of all the media (along with Congressional assistance in recently enacted legislation). The other word for it is “Mockingbird.”

The Ministry of Information (aka Propaganda) is: MSNBC, CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox News, the New York Times, the Washington Post, et al. And a “crack down” on fake news has already been launched.

So soon you forget the professor who published a list of 150 to 200 “alternative sites” that she listed as “fake news.” The only problem with the “fake news meme” is that it isn’t working. A growing number of people are coming to understand MSM is fake news.

Pull the plug. Cut the cable. Starve the advertisers. Make them irrelevant.

Here’s a flash from the past for you…

**“Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.” - Thomas Jefferson

“Our Liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost.” Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Currie 1786

“I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” Thomas Jefferson

“I know of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them but to inform their discretion.” -Thomas Jefferson **

A least MSM correct their mistakes after fact checking. The misspeak, doublespeak, fake news sites from the alt-right site don’t even bother with facts, distort the news with click bait headlines, and refuse to issue an correction. They make news up:
Faux News Pizzagate, Birther movement, Fox News (And Trump) Give Trump Credit For Jobs Created During Obama’s Term, and Faux news refused at first to take down the recent Quebec terrorist attack the perpetrator was a Moslem of Moroccan origin, Created a social media firestorm when the Rev. Al Sharpton after he slammed President Trump’s border order by calling Jesus a refugee. …] (Jesus, Mary, Joseph had to flee to Egypt to escape Herod before coming back years later)

Actually, too many to list from alt-right disinformation newspeak websites. So why not call out your own media for doing the same thing. I don’t see it happening. I just see more with the majority willing to promote debunk facts and falsehoods. Spreading lies, character assassination, distortions of truth, slander and libel which is not Christian coming from those who say they are. One wonders. It is unfortunate that court rulings hold ISP immune from lawsuits. If the law was changed, it would clean up the internet. It is still a violation of civil law to commit slander, libel, character assassination, interfere with the business practices of a company by spreading false information.

So it is disingenuous and borders on bearing false witness concerning your neighbor. Truth matters!

:thumbsup: Very well said! Thank you for posting it.

What we now call “fake news” was many years ago referred to as “yellow journalism.”

It’s still around and it still sells newspapers and electronic ads.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.