Washington Post pulls cartoon depicting Ted Cruz's daughters as trained monkeys

foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/23/washington-post-pulls-cartoon-depicting-ted-cruzs-daughters-as-trained-monkeys.html

Excerpted, see link for image:

Washington Post pulls cartoon depicting Ted Cruz’s daughters as trained monkeys

The Washington Post removed an editorial cartoon from its website late Tuesday that depicted Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz’s young daughters as trained monkeys.

As of midnight Wednesday, the webpage where the cartoon by Ann Telnaes had been shown was replaced by a note from the Post’s editorial page editor, Fred Hiatt.

“It’s generally been the policy of our editorial section to leave children out of it,” Hiatt wrote. “I failed to look at this cartoon before it was published. I understand why Ann thought an exception to the policy was warranted in this case, but I do not agree.”

Politico reported the cartoon was in response to an online ad released by Cruz’s campaign that depicted him reading politics-related Christmas stories to his daughters, 7-year-old Caroline and 4-year-old Catherine. Telnaes herself referenced the ad on Twitter earlier Tuesday.

Earlier Tuesday, the Texas senator criticized the Post on Twitter over the cartoon, which depicted him as an organ grinder dressed in a Santa Claus costume while two similarly-clad monkeys danced on leashes in front of him. The cartoon was captioned, “Ted Cruz uses his kids as political props.”

This is the big Cruz story of the day I thought.

Clinton’s daughter…off limits
Bush’s daughters…fair game
Obama’s daughters…off limits
Palin’s kids…fair game
Cruz’s daughters…fair game.

I’m starting to pick up a pattern here with the media…

:thumbsup:

pathetic, isn’t it?

so true.

Now, what would have happened if they had drawn cartoons of the Obama daughters as monkeys?

I agree with the cartoonist. The family isn’t off-limits if the candidate uses them as campaign props.

Yep and the indignation of the left over this behavior is priceless.

So even with tolerant liberalism that’s prides itself on rooting out racism and micro-aggressions, it’s still okay to draw minority children as monkeys.

Does this mean that a cartoon of leaders like President Obama First Lady Michelle Obama, Charles Rangel, and Al Sharpton as monkeys is acceptable?

Well, what should we expect? They’ve got all kinds of excuses for breaking their own rules.

yes, the media in this country is despicable. In my opinion the media wants to favor one party and destroy the other. So sorry I am…

I think if you look at the children of acting Presidents, both the Clinton and Obama families had/have children that were young and still in school. Fair enough to ask to have them off limits.

President Bush - both of them - had adult children who didn’t live in the White House.

Exactly!!!

Trying to turn Ted Cruz into the next Sarah Palin! Shame on them!

And the New Yorker of all magazines, did have the famous Obama Terrorist cartoon cover. I guess at the least, magazines, the press need to treat people equally.

outsidethebeltway.com/new_yorker_obama_terrorist_cover_/

Why the need to make excuses for that kind of behavior?

:thumbsup:

What rules? The ones invented for us by the ever whining right wing?

Actually, there was a stimulus “chimp” cartoon that caused a controversy as well.
huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/19/new-york-post-employees-u_n_168267.html
huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/18/new-york-post-chimp-carto_n_167841.html

I guess you missed the last democrat debate! Talk about whining!

I agree, and what about the monkey’s feelings?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.