Washington Post: Trump Supporters See A Successful President

washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-supporters-see-a-successful-president–and-are-frustrated-with-critics-who-dont/2017/02/19/496cb4b4-f6ca-11e6-9845-576c69081518_story.html?utm_term=.04dfab8df03e

I’d appreciate if you could post an excerpt. After a certain amount of free articles, WaPo requires a subscription.

Try this:

Looks like Donald Trump was right about Sweden after all:

heatst.com/politics/looks-like-donald-trump-was-right-about-sweden-after-all/

President Trump has been correct about many issues.Unfortunately,with the biased media agenda to make him look like a Buffon,the Dems insisting he is mentally unfit for the job of POTUS,etc.,his accomplishments will always fall short,he won’t get any sort of positive credit.It has been a nonstop barrage of negativity from day one.
For those intent on bringing him down,just remember,what goes around,comes around…

This is news?

Well that is an invincible argument.

Whatever news is reported about Trump can automatically be dismissed as the media is “out to get,” Trump.

Ecatly. One needs only to read every other thread in this forum to know it. It’s just as breaking as an article titled “Hillary supporters see failed president.”

:smiley:

Yes, I noted this on another thread. For Trump and his supporters, the media is the “enemy of the American people”…any criticism of Trump on CNN, CBS, Fox, NBC, etc. is “fake news”. Trump and Trump alone is a reliable source for information. So…its impossible to even have a discussion. You just end up going in circles. Trump is great because Trump says he’s great. The media can’t be trusted. :shrug:

Not just Hillary supporters. There are plenty of Catholics on this forum who strongly believe that both Hillary and Trump were unacceptable choices.

Here’s a nice excerpt.

Several people said they would have liked to see more coverage of a measure that Trump signed Thursday that rolled back a last-minute Obama regulation that would have restricted coal mines from dumping debris in nearby streams. At the signing, Trump was joined by coal miners in hard hats.

“If he hadn’t gotten into office, 70,000 miners would have been put out of work,” Patricia Nana, a 42-year-old naturalized citizen from Cameroon. “I saw the ceremony where he signed that bill, giving them their jobs back, and he had miners with their hard hats and everything — you could see how happy they were.”

The regulation actually would have cost relatively few mining jobs and would have created nearly as many new jobs on the regulatory side, according to a government report — an example of the frequent distance between Trump’s rhetoric, which many of his supporters wholeheartedly believe, and verifiable facts.

[Fact Checker: Trump made 13 dubious claims during his Florida rally]

I think that might be because they, like Trump, also watch insidiously fake news on Fox News and live in an alt (fake) reality.

Right? Well, Sweden is a country and it does have problems. And something did happen about Sweden and its problems “last night” - a TV show.

President Donald Trump was the subject of mockery on Sunday after delivering a speech in Florida in which he referred to an incident “last night in Sweden” — but he appears to have been referring to an actual, accurate news report, albeit one that wasn’t technically live or breaking.

(I wonder what the author thinks “technically” means.)

I suppose Trump could be given some “partial credit”, but calling him “right” is wild grade inflation.

It’s not accurate.

The stream protection rule was designed to harm the coal industry. President Obama was being a bit cowardly hiding this in a shrewdly worded bill. He wasn’t man enough to support a bill called, “End Coal Industry.” That was how he operated in many areas.

Sen. Heidi Heitkamp, D-N.D.,

When a top Interior Department official visited North Dakota in May, I showed her firsthand how this rule would hurt our state’s coal industry and workers, and how it failed to take into account drastic differences in mining practices and geography between states like North Dakota and regions like Appalachia.

heitkamp.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=5CC11688-99C5-4764-974B-50D74B6F27C7

“(The Stream Protection Rule) would have crippled our coal industry, which powers homes and businesses across the state and supports good-paying energy industry jobs,” she said.
thedickinsonpress.com/news/north-dakota/4220471-president-signs-bill-backed-heitkamp-undoing-obama-coal-regulations

Trump got it right. You guys got it wrong, again

Gets more interesting:

Melania Trump attacked for reciting Lord’s Prayer at campaign rally:

foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/19/melania-trump-attacked-for-reciting-lords-prayer-at-campaign-rally.html

Apparently, she plagiarized it from the Bible.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Based on the comments here by those who refuse to give President Trump ANY kind of positive support,I rest my case re my post on this thread.:rolleyes:

Of course the problem is that he not right. And that to some, being right is not important. Just saying thing that if doctored up in the imagination are are rightabout something or another. That is enough for the believers.

I think most of the Catholic Trump critics on this board do give him credit for actions take on the abortion issue. That’s a no brainer. But that doesn’t absolve his other positions / actions.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.