Wasting time or Waiting patiently?

I’m not too sure if I can get my thoughts accurately into words but here it goes. As you may or may not know I have been discerning with the Discalced Carmelite Nuns/Carmel of St. Joseph in Armstrong, B.C.

A calling of Love

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=308955

I know that this is in all God’s time but sometimes I feel as if I’m wasting time by being here don’t get me wrong I love and care for my family, friends, and so forth. However, I should be at the foot of the Cross helping souls and praying for Priests.

I recently found out that I have to go for the same medical tests it’s not a big deal but this will determine if I’m healthy enough to return to Carmelite or not.

“Do not wait for old age to offer yourself to God. Offer Him the flower of your youth, which will be pleasing to Him and which He will accept with the greatest of love.” St. Catherine of Siena

I recently found out that I have to go for the same medical tests it's not a big deal but this will determine if I'm healthy enough to return to Carmelite or not.

Be in Peace, patient and obedient waiting is never a waste of time. As you wait for God's Will to be made clear, you can offer it as a cross and hence redemptive and a blessing to to us all, The Church and the world - or you can wait with loving patient obedience to God and His Will for you just now - and this is a virtue and equally contributes to the good of all.

I hope the wait will not be too difficult and that your heart's desires will be realized.

"Do not wait for old age to offer yourself to God. Offer Him the flower of your youth, which will be pleasing to Him and which He will accept with the greatest of love." St. Catherine of Siena

While it is YOUR heart's desire to serve God in Carmel, waiting for His Will to be made manifest to you is still an offering to Him of the "flower of your youth". Create a little Carmel in your heart as you wait.

TS

[quote="TiggerS, post:2, topic:210823"]
Be in Peace, patient and obedient waiting is never a waste of time. As you wait for God's Will to be made clear, you can offer it as a cross and hence redemptive and a blessing to to us all, The Church and the world - or you can wait with loving patient obedience to God and His Will for you just now - and this is a virtue and equally contributes to the good of all.

I hope the wait will not be too difficult and that your heart's desires will be realized.

While it is YOUR heart's desire to serve God in Carmel, waiting for His Will to be made manifest to you is still an offering to Him of the "flower of your youth". Create a little Carmel in your heart as you wait.

TS

[/quote]

God bless you for this but how do I create a little Carmel in my Heart as I wait?

[quote="goforgoal, post:3, topic:210823"]
God bless you for this but how do I create a little Carmel in my Heart as I wait?

[/quote]

By being prayerful and loving and cheerfully and joyfully embracing the cross in whatsoever manner it is manifest for the good of The Church and the world and in a special way for priests - God bless

TS

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.