Watch–Joe Biden Snaps at Black Reporter over Cognitive Test Question: ‘Are You a Junkie?’1

Watch–Joe Biden Snaps at Black Reporter over Cognitive Test Question: ‘Are You a Junkie?’

joe-biden-errol-barnett-2

CBS News

KYLE OLSON

5 Aug 202015,408

2:46

Joe Biden bristled at a question about whether or not he has taken a cognitive test, asking an interviewer Tuesday morning whether he would pass a drug test and stumbling over his words several times in the course of one minute.

During an event with the National Association of Black Journalists, CBS News’ Errol Barnett asked if Biden has taken a test that would assess his mental fitness, and Biden snapped, “No, I haven’t taken a test! Why the hell would I take a test? C’mon, man!”

Biden then challenged Barnett, “That’s like saying you, before you got in this program, if you take a test where you’re taking cocaine or not, what do you think? Huh? Are you a junkie?” . . .

Biden Campaign Doubles Down: Black Reporter ‘Deserving’ of ‘Junkie’ Comment

KYLE OLSON

7 Aug 2020

Joe Biden’s campaign doubled down on the candidate going on offense against a reporter after he asked if Biden has submitted to a cognitive assessment.

Axios reported an unnamed Biden campaign official said in response, “It was a preposterous question deserving of a response that showed the absurdity of it all.”

Earlier in the day, Biden made an appearance with the National Association of Black Journalists, and Errol Barnett asked if the presumptive Democrat nominee has undergone a mental exam. . . .

Why must it be stated that it was a black reporter? Is that relevant to the story? Breitbart is violating standard media ethics guidelines.

Biden’s comments make sense, by the way.

3 Likes

Nepperhan . . .

Why must it be stated that it was a black reporter? Is that relevant to the story?

Yes it was relevant. It was a meeting of the “National Association of Black Journalists”.

1 Like

Can you imagine if this had been Trump?

7 Likes

That was a legitimate question.

I wonder at Biden’s answer.

Unless of course, he is trying to hide something.

7 Likes

It is a “when did you stop beating your wife?” type of question and that is what Biden is getting at with his response.

1 Like

It’s 2020. We CANNOT ignore casual racism from a person who is attempting to become the most powerful man (patriarchy ugh) in the country.

1 Like

gam197 . . .

Ha! That’s exactly what I was thinking too!

1 Like

A legimate question, asking a black journalist if he is a junkie?

1 Like

I can’t speak for Sarcelle, but I think the legitimate “question” Sarcelle MAY have been alluding to was . . .

@Sarcelle?

No you misunderstood me. The reporter was asking a legitimate question.

The legitimate question was asking about the cognitive test.

Biden has given indication that he could be cognitively impaired which is concerning especially if he is running for the Presidency.

7 Likes

I was referring to the reporter’s question. He was merely asking about the cognitive test. I don’t get Biden’s response. If there truly was nothing to be concerned about Biden could definitely answer it without resorting to an ad hominem.

Biden has given indication that he may have cognitive impairment. That’s a legitimate concern to me.

You disagree?

5 Likes

I agree completely. That’s why no one should vote for Trump.

JB alleged racism is the least of his issues.The guy appears to have serious mental health issues.

1 Like

He seems to think by responding n a very angry fashion makes him appear capable. It would say magnifies his deficiencies.C’mon man! Seriously!.?:flushed:

3 Likes

No not projection.

Biden definitely has cognitive problems.

It’s all on display. We’ll see more evidence of this as the campaign progresses and he goes on to debate Trump.

5 Likes

Then why do so many Republicans like Trump because all we get are anger and they certainly magnify his deficiencies?

1 Like

No,just watching him struggle to spit out what he wants to say transposing his words etc,he is in mental decline.I think it’s so unfortunate thT he is being used in this way by the Dems.Why his family is even allowing it is a greater concern

1 Like

Like I said, pure 100% deflection…

1 Like

Defection of what?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.