Wave of religious freedom rulings follows Supreme Court decision

Washington D.C., Jul 2, 2014 / 08:22 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- In the days following a Supreme Court ruling upholding religious freedom in the workplace, several lower courts have issued decisions protecting religious liberty in similar circumstances.

catholicnewsagency.com/news/wave-of-religious-freedom-rulings-follows-supreme-court-decision-78557/

This has been a great week for religious freedom! Praise be to God that our religious freedom is being restored! Obama’s administration is not going to be successful in taking it away from us! :extrahappy:

I pray my college may also win its case. They had initially won, and then the government appealed.

Does anyone remember that blue button from Galaxy Quest? The one Tim Allen pushed that stopped core implosion, but didn’t stop until it reached one second?

I think God likes to do stuff like that with us now and again.

The one thing that worries me is EWTN and what they are facing with the HHS Mandate. They did get an emergency injunction against it or whatever its called but it seems to me that the ultimate decision will once again be up to the Supreme Court. That’s what an article I read online said anyway. It seems that the issue of non-profits and the HHS Mandate will also go before the Supreme Court probably next year since the Supreme Court ruling just issued didn’t affect non-profits.

Just hours after the high court’s Burwell v. Hobby Lobby, Inc. decision, 11th Circuit Court of Appeals Judge William Pryor specifically cited the Supreme Court in concluding that, “the Network [EWTN] is substantially likely to prevail on the merits of its claim that the mandate violates the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.”
Mirroring Justice Samuel Alito’s majority opinion, Judge Pryor wrote, “It is neither our duty nor the duty of the United States to tell the Network that its undisputed [religious] belief is flawed.”

Thanks be to God.

I really hope that EWTN prevails. I guess we will have to wait and see.

:signofcross:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.