Waxman promises quick action on climate

WASHINGTON – The chairman of a key House committee says he wants to pass a climate change bill before Memorial Day.

California Rep. Henry Waxman said Thursday the environment and U.S. economy depend on congressional action to confront the threat of climate change. Waxman, chairman of the Energy and Commerce Committee, spoke as he opened Congress’ first hearing on climate legislation.

A group of 14 corporate executives and environmental leaders are testifying before the panel. They’re part of a 31-member coalition that is calling for an 80 percent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2050.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090115/ap_on_go_pr_wh/climate_hearing_2

Well I do really think the government needs to do something about the cold climate change we are experiencing right now. Maybe by letting us cut trees to heat our homes with in the 2,000,000 acres they just declared off limits.:eek:

They need to do something. They are being proven to be criminally fraudulent on this. By passing laws, it is it finally declared that “global warming” is no long an issue, they can take credit.

They want to make the planet colder during a time when the planet is cooling.

I can’t read their minds (and should probably be thankful for that) but I think it will turn out to be just another way to tax us and benefit their corporate friends like Al Gore who are all prepared to sell “offsets” of one kind or another or those like BP that pretend to be “green” in order to get the big hog’s share of the government’s “green energy” money…our money, of course.

Is Waxman going to go after global warming or global cooing? It currently looks like it could go either way. More and more climatologists are predicting a severe global cooling about to hit…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.