We ain't agreeing obviously!

I HAD to go back to the group I was in and told them about 1 Corinthians 1:10:

10 I appeal to you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree and that there be no dissensions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=2]See, when I read that, I took it like there were suppose to be ONE faith, Church, etc. because we should be agreeing the same thing, etc. etc. Am I taking it like that? Or is my mind soooo ignorant of Scripture that I go back to my own Protestant-traits (without protesting of course!) with my own interpretation?[/size][/font]

Not sure if I understand your questions but that whole chapter shows that there is supposed to be one church.

Paris, dont quote me, but I think you and John Paul II said the same thing. One church means ONE CHURCH - not two!

Jesus said, “upon this rock I will build my church.” He didn’t say “churches.” He didn’t say, “some churches will believe in the sacraments, some will believe the Eucharist is symbolic, some will believe in sola fide, some will believe sola scriptura, some will believe that after saying the sinners prayer you can never lose your salvation, some will believe in universal salvation, some will believe you have no free will and God just picks who goes to heaven and hell, etc…” That would be idiotic. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Jesus was not an idiot.

Then Paul wrote to Timothy, “For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own likings, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander into myths” (2 Tim. 4:3–4).

The Collegeville bible commentary confrims that 1 Corinthians is to be meant as being of one faith and not of different beliefs.

In talking about this verse, it references
Phil 2:1-2
If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.

( I just happen to have that commentary with me cause we’re doing this bible study at our parish right now).

[quote=Dan-Man916]The Collegeville bible commentary confrims that 1 Corinthians is to be meant as being of one faith and not of different beliefs.

In talking about this verse, it references
Phil 2:1-2
If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.

( I just happen to have that commentary with me cause we’re doing this bible study at our parish right now).
[/quote]

Yes, faith in Christ- that he is God incarnate, died for our sins, so that they who believe in him have everlasting life.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.