We Are Saved by Love

God is love.

He Speaks His love to us.

His love is heard by our faith.

His love gives us patience and kindness.

When His love is heard or assented to by our faith, we are saved.

His love uses faith, hope, patience, endurance, the sacraments, and prayer to save us.

We use our new hearts to love God, self and neighbor.

We are saved by His love, and our new hearts.

There is a great deal more that can be said, but this is a short summary.

JUSTIFICATION: GIFT MERITED BY JESUS: ADOPTED CHILD OF GOD, NEW SELF, NEW CREATION, LOVE AND FAITH

St. Matthew 6: 9 This is how you are to pray: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, 10 your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven. 11Give us today our daily bread; 12 and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors; 13 and do not subject us to the final test, but deliver us from the evil one. 14 If you forgive others their transgressions, your heavenly Father will forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others, neither will your Father forgive your transgressions.

St. John 1: 12 But to those who did accept him he gave power (“exousia”) to become children of God, to those who believe in his name, 13 who were born not by natural generation nor by human choice nor by a man’s decision but of God.

I John 4: 4 You belong to God, children, and you have conquered them, for the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 They belong to the world; accordingly, their teaching belongs to the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We belong to God, and anyone who knows God listens to us, while anyone who does not belong to God refuses to hear us. This is how we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of deceit. 7 Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God.

Romans 5: 3 Not only that, but we even boast of our afflictions, knowing that affliction produces endurance, 4 and endurance, proven character, and proven character, hope,
5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us.

St. Matthew 22: 36 “Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” 37 He said to him, “You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. 38 This is the greatest and the first commandment. 39 The second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.”

St. Mark 12: 28 One of the scribes, when he came forward and heard them disputing and saw how well he had answered them, asked him, “Which is the first of all the commandments?” 29 Jesus replied, “The first is this: ‘Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is Lord alone! 30 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” 32 The scribe said to him, “Well said, teacher. You are right in saying, ‘He is One and there is no other than he.’ 33 And ‘to love him with all your heart, with all your understanding, with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself’ is worth more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.” 34 And when Jesus saw that (he) answered with understanding, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And no one dared to ask him any more questions.

I John 2: 3 The way we may be sure that we know him is to keep his commandments.

St. John 17: 3 Now this is eternal life, that they should know (“ginosko” know or experience cf. St. Luke 1: 34) you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Galatians 5: 13 For you were called for freedom, brothers. But do not use this freedom as an opportunity for the flesh; rather, serve one another through love. 14 For the whole law is fulfilled (“pleroo” {play-ro’-o}: 1) to make full, to fill up, i.e. to fill to the full; to complete) in one statement, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Romans 3: 31 Are we then annulling the law by this faith? Of course not! On the contrary, we are supporting (“histemi”{his’-tay-mee}: to cause or make to stand, to place, put, set) the law.

Galatians 6: 15 For neither does circumcision mean anything, nor does uncircumcision, but only a new creation.

Romans 8: 14 For those who are led (“ago” ag’-o: 1. to lead, take with one a. to lead by laying hold of, and this way to bring to the point of destination: of an animal) by the Spirit of God are children of God. 15 For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received a spirit of adoption, through which we cry, “Abba, Father!” 16 The Spirit itself bears (faith comes by hearing the Holy Spirit, and Holy Spirit is Love) witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if only we suffer with him so that we may also be glorified with him.

Romans 10: 17 Thus faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the word of Christ.

I John 3: 1 See what love the Father has bestowed on us that we may be called the children of God. Yet so we are. The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 2 Beloved, we are God’s children now; what we shall be has not yet been revealed. We do know that when it is revealed we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. 3 Everyone who has this hope based on him makes himself pure, as he is pure.

St. John 3: 3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born from above.” 4 Nicodemus said to him, “How can a person once grown old be born again? Surely he cannot reenter his mother’s womb and be born again, can he?” 5 Jesus answered, "Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit. 6 What is born of flesh is flesh and what is born of spirit is spirit.”

St. John 17: 3 Now this is eternal life, that they should know (“ginosko”) you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

II Peter 1: 3 His divine power (“dunamis”) has bestowed on us everything that makes for life (“zoe”) and devotion, through the knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and power. 4 Through these, he has bestowed on us the precious and very great promises, so that through them you may come to share in the divine nature, after escaping from the corruption that is in the world because of evil desire.

II Timothy 1: 6 For this reason, I remind you to stir into flame the gift of God that you have through the imposition of my hands. 7 For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice but rather of power and love and self-control (sophronismos {so-fron-is-mos’}: sound mind or come to one’s senses).

Deuteronomy 30: 16 If you obey the commandments of the LORD, your God, which I enjoin on you today, loving Him, and walking in His ways, and keeping His commandments, statutes and decrees, you will live and grow numerous, and the LORD, your God, will bless you in the land you are entering to occupy.

Ephesians 2: 8 For by grace (adoption) you have been saved through faith, and this is not from you; it is the gift of God; 9 it is not from works, so no one may boast.

St. Matthew 19: 16 Now someone approached him and said, “Teacher, what good must I do to gain eternal life?” 17 He answered him, “Why do you ask me about the good?
There is only One who is good. If you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.“
18 He asked him, “Which ones?” And Jesus replied,” ‘You shall not kill; you shall not commit adultery; you shall not steal; you shall not bear false witness; 19 honor your father and your mother’; and ‘you shall love your neighbor as yourself.’” 20 The young man said to him, “All of these I have observed. What do I still lack?” 21 Jesus said to him, “If you wish to be perfect, go, sell (trade or barter) what you have and give to (the) poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

Colossians 3: 8 But now you must put them all away: anger, fury, malice, slander, and obscene language out of your mouths. 9 Stop lying to one another, since you have taken off the old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed, for knowledge, in the image of its creator.

Romans 5: 3 Not only that, but we even boast of our afflictions, knowing that affliction produces endurance, 4 and endurance, proven character, and proven character, hope, 5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the holy Spirit that has been given to us.

Ezekiel 36: 26 I will give you a new heart and place a new spirit within you, taking from your bodies your stony hearts and giving you natural hearts. 27 I will put my spirit within you and make you live by my statutes, careful to observe my decrees.

Ephesians 4: 20 That is not how you learned Christ, 21 assuming that you have heard of him and were taught in him, as truth is in Jesus, 22 that you should put away the old self of your former way of life, corrupted through deceitful desires, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your minds, 24 and put on the new self, created in God’s way in righteousness and holiness of truth. 25 Therefore, putting away falsehood, speak the truth, each one to his neighbor, for we are members one of another.

Ephesians 3: 14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, 16 that he may grant you in accord with the riches of his
glory to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inner self, 17 and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the holy ones what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 20 Now to him who is able to accomplish far more than all we ask or imagine, by the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

II Corinthians 5: 14 For the love of Christ impels (“sunecho,” constrain) us, once we have come to the conviction that one died for all; therefore, all have died. 15 He indeed died for all, so that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised. 16 Consequently, from now on we regard no one according to the flesh; even if we once knew Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know him so no longer. 17 So whoever is in Christ is a new creation: the old things have passed away; behold, new things have come.

II Corinthians 3: 18 All of us, gazing with unveiled face on the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, as from the Lord who is the Spirit.

I Corinthians 2: 9 But as it is written: “What eye has not seen, and ear has not heard, and what has not entered the human heart, what God has prepared for those who love him,” 10 this God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit scrutinizes everything, even the depths of God.

I Timothy 2: 15 But she will be saved through motherhood, provided women persevere in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.

I Corinthians 13: 1 If I speak in human and angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal. 2 And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Galatians 5: 6 For in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith (“energeo”) working through love.

James 2: 26 For just as a body (‘soma”) without a spirit (“pneuma”) is dead, so also
faith without works (“ergon”) is dead.

Romans 5: 5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us.

I John 4: 16God is LOVE (“agape”), and whoever remains in LOVE remains in God and God in him.

St. Matthew 10: 8 Cure the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, drive out demons. Without cost you have received; without cost you are to give.

II Timothy 1: 6 For this reason, I remind you to stir into flame the gift of God that you have through the imposition of my hands. 7 For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice but rather of power and love and self-control.

Philippians 2: 13 For it is God which worketh (“energeo”: to be operative, be at work) in you both to will and to do (“energeo”) of [his] good pleasure (KJV).
Philippians 2: 13 For God is the one who, for His good purpose, works (“energeo”) in you both to desire (“thelo”: to will, have in mind, intend) and to work (“energeo”).

Romans 8: 28 And we know that all things work together (“sunergeo**” “**sun” [with] and “ergon” [work]) for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.

I Corinthians 3: 9 For we are God’s co-workers (“sunergeo**”)****; you are God’s field, God’s building.**

Galatians 5: 6 For in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith (“energeo”) working through love.

Philippians 4: 13 I have the strength for everything through him who empowers (“endunamoo”) me.

St. John 3: 30 “He must increase; I must decrease."

II Corinthians 12: 8 Three times I begged the Lord about this, that it might leave me,
9 but he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.” I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me. 10 Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong. (N. B. B. When the old inner person is weak, then the new inner person is strong.)

II Corinthians 13: 4 For indeed he was crucified out of weakness, but he lives by the power of God. So also we are weak in him, but toward you we shall live with him by the power of God.

I Peter 1: 22 Since you have purified yourselves by obedience to the truth for sincere mutual love, love one another intensely from a (pure) heart.

I John 4: 12 No one has ever seen God. Yet, if we love one another, God remains in us, and his love is brought to perfection in us.

Galatians 6: 15 For neither does circumcision mean anything, nor does uncircumcision, but only a new creation.

Romans 1: 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel. It is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: for Jew first, and then Greek.

Roman 16: 25 Now to him who can strengthen you, according to my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret for long ages 26 but now manifested through the prophetic writings and, according to the command of the eternal God, made known to all nations to bring about the obedience of faith, 27 to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Romans 3: 31 Are we then annulling the law by this faith? Of course not! On the contrary, we are supporting the law.

Galatians 5: 14 For the whole law is fulfilled in one statement, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

St. Matthew 22: 36 “Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” 37 He said to him, “You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. 38 This is the greatest and the first commandment. 39 The second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.”

James 2: 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works (“ergon”), is dead, being alone.

St. John 6: 44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draw (“helkuo”: 1. to draw, drag off. 2. metaphoric to draw by inward power, lead, impel) him, and I will raise him on the last day.

James 1: 12 Blessed is the man who perseveres in temptation, for when he has been proved he will receive the crown of life that he promised to those who love him.

I Peter 3: 10 For: “Whoever would love life and see good days must keep the tongue from evil and the lips from speaking deceit, 11 must turn from evil and do good, seek peace and follow after it. 12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears turned to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against evildoers.”

I John 3: 14 We know that we have passed from death to life because we love our brothers. Whoever does not love remains in death.

I John 3: 15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life remaining in him. 16 The way we came to know love was that
he laid down his life for us; so we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.
(N. B. B. the Bible defines murder as hate of one’s brother)

Deuteronomy 30: 19 I call heaven and earth today to witness against you: I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. Choose life, then, that you and your descendants may live, 20 by loving the LORD, your God, heeding his voice, and holding fast to him. For that will mean life for you, a long life for you to live on the land which the LORD swore he would give to your fathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Jude 1: 21 Keep yourselves in the love of God and wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.

St. John 14: 15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to be with you always, 17 the Spirit of truth, which the world cannot accept, because it neither sees nor knows it. But you know it, because it remains with you, and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. 19 In a little while the world will no longer see me, but you will see me, because I live and you will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father and you are in me and I in you. 21 Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me. And whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and reveal myself to him.”

I John 2: 27 As for you, the anointing that you received from him remains in you, so that you do not need anyone to teach you. But his anointing teaches you about everything and is true and not false; just as it taught you, remain in him. 28 And now, children, remain in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not be put to shame by him at his coming. (N. B. B. teaching is love)

I John 3: 24 Those who keep his commandments remain in him, and he in them, and the way we know that he remains in us is from the Spirit that he gave us.

I Corinthians 3: 16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for the temple of God, which you are, is holy.

I Corinthians 6: 19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?

Romans 8: 9 But you are not in the flesh; on the contrary, you are in the spirit, if only the Spirit of God dwells in you. Whoever does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

I Timothy 1: 14 Indeed, the grace of our Lord has been abundant, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

St. Matthew 5: 10 Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

St. Matthew 6: 33 But seek first the kingdom (of God) and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides.

St. Matthew 21: 32 When John came to you in the way of righteousness, you did not believe him; but tax collectors and prostitutes did. Yet even when you saw that, you did not later change your minds and believe him.

St. John 16: 8And when he comes he will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and condemnation: 9 sin, because they do not believe in me;
10 righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will no longer see me; 11 condemnation, because the ruler of this world has been condemned. 12 "I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now. 13 But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to all truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to you the things that are coming.

Romans 6: 7 For a dead person has been absolved from sin. 8 If, then, we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him.

II Corinthians 5: 17 So whoever is in Christ is a new creation: the old things have passed away; behold, new things have come. 18 And all this is from God, who has reconciled us to himself through Christ and given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 namely, God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting their trespasses against them and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. 20 So we are ambassadors for Christ, as if God were appealing through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. 21 For our sake he made him to be sin who did not know sin, so that we might become the righteousness of God in him.

I Corinthians 2: 15 The spiritual person, however, can judge everything but is not subject to judgment by anyone. 16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to counsel him?” But we have the mind of Christ.****

Romans 5: 11 Not only that, but we also boast of God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

Romans 5: 1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access (by faith) to this grace in which we stand, and we boast in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 6: 11 Consequently, you too must think of yourselves as (being) dead to sin and living for God in Christ Jesus.

Romans 6: 11 Consequently, you too must think of yourselves as (being) dead to sin and living for God in Christ Jesus.
sin the Lord does not record." 9 Does this blessedness apply only to the circumcised, or to the uncircumcised as well? Now we assert that “faith was credited to Abraham as righteousness.”

Romans 6: 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I Corinthians 1: 1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother, 2 to the church of God that is in Corinth, to you who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be holy, with all those everywhere who call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours.

I Corinthians 1: 30 It is due to him that you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God, as well as righteousness, sanctification, and redemption, 31 so that, as it is written, “Whoever boasts, should boast in the Lord.”

Romans 3: 21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, though testified to by the law and the prophets, 22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction; 23 all have sinned and are deprived of the glory of God. 24 They are justified freely by his grace through the redemption in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God set forth as an expiation, through faith,
by his blood, to prove his righteousness because of the forgiveness of sins previously committed, 26 through the forbearance of God–to prove his righteousness in the present time, that he might be righteous and justify the one who has faith in Jesus. 27 What occasion is there then for boasting? It is ruled out. On what principle, that of works? No, rather on the principle of faith. 28 For we consider that a person is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

Jeremiah 23: 6 In his days Judah shall be saved, Israel shall dwell in security. This is the name they give him: “The LORD our justice.”

Romans 4: 23 But it was not for him alone that it was written that “it was credited to him”; 24 it was also for us, to whom it will be credited, who believe in the one who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead, 25 who was handed over for our transgressions and was raised for our justification.

Galatians 3: 22 But scripture confined all things under the power of sin, that through faith in Jesus Christ the promise might be given to those who believe.

Galatians 3: 5 Does, then, the one who supplies the Spirit to you and works mighty deeds among you do so from works of the law or from faith in what you heard? 6 Thus Abraham "believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”

Romans 4: 3 For what does the scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.” 4 A worker’s wage is credited not as a gift, but as something due. 5 But when one does not work, yet believes in the one who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness. 6 So also David declares the blessedness of the person to whom God credits righteousness apart from works: 7 “Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven and whose sins are covered. 8 Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not record.” 9 Does this blessedness apply only to the circumcised, or to the uncircumcised as well? Now we assert that “faith was credited to Abraham as righteousness.”

Justification: Love and Faith

St. Mark 12: 28 One of the scribes, when he came forward and heard them disputing and saw how well he had answered them, asked him, “Which is the first (“protos”: first in a succession of things) of all the commandments?” 29 Jesus replied, “The first is this: ‘Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is Lord alone! 30 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” 32 The scribe said to him, “Well said, teacher. You are right in saying, ‘He is One and there is no other than he.’ 33 And ‘to love him with all your heart, with all your understanding, with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself’ is worth more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.” 34 And when Jesus saw that (he) answered with understanding, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And no one dared to ask him any more questions.

St. Matthew 22: 34 When the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together, 35 and one of them (a scholar of the law) tested him by asking, 36 “Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” 37 He said to him, “You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. 38 This is the greatest and the first commandment. 39 The second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.”

I Corinthians 13: 13 So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I Corinthians 13: 7 It (LOVE) bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

I Corinthians 13: 1 If I speak in human and angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal. 2 And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Ephesians 6: 14 So stand fast with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate, 15 and your feet shod in readiness for the gospel of peace.

I Thessalonians 5: 8 But since we are of the day, let us be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love and the helmet that is hope for salvation.

Galatians 5: 6 For in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working (“energeo”) through love.

St. John** 16: 27 For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have come to believe that I came from God. 28 I came from the Father and have come into the world.**

Deuteronomy 30: 19 I call heaven and earth today to witness against you: I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. Choose life, then, that you and your descendants may live, 20 by loving the LORD, your God, heeding his voice, and holding fast to him. For that will mean life for you, a long life for you to live on the land which the LORD swore he would give to your fathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob."

Love is First!
Righteousness/Justification

St.** John 3: 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.**

St.** John 1: 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came to be through him, and without him nothing came to be. What came to be 4 through him was life, and this life was the light of the human race; 5 the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. **

I John 4: 8 Whoever is without love does not know God, for God is love. 9 In this way the love of God was revealed to us: God sent his only Son into the world so that we might have life through him.

Romans 10: 17 Thus faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the Word of Christ (Christ’s Word).

**St. Matthew 22: 36 “Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” 37 He said to him, “You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. 38 This is the greatest and the first commandment. 39 The second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.”

I Corinthians 13: 13 So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I Corinthians 13: 2 And if I have the gift of prophecy, and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.

Ephesians 6: 10 Finally, draw your strength from the Lord and from his mighty power. 11 Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not with flesh and blood but with the principalities, with the powers, with the world rulers of this present darkness, with the evil spirits in the heavens. 13 Therefore, put on the armor of God, that you may be able to resist on the evil day and, having done everything, to hold your ground. 14 So stand fast with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate, 15 and your feet shod in readiness for the gospel of peace. 16 In all circumstances, hold faith as a shield, to quench all (the) flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 With all prayer and supplication, pray at every opportunity in the Spirit.

I Thessalonians 5: 8 But since we are of the day, let us be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love and the helmet that is hope for salvation.

Galatians 5: 6…but only faith works “energeo” through LOVE.**

**II Corinthians 6: 3 We cause no one to stumble in anything, in order that no fault may be found with our ministry; 4 on the contrary, in everything we commend ourselves as ministers of God, through much endurance, in afflictions, hardships, constraints, 5 beatings, imprisonments, riots, labors, vigils, fasts; 6 by purity, knowledge, patience, kindness, in a holy spirit, in unfeigned love, 7 in truthful speech, in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness at the right and at the left; 8 through glory and dishonor, insult and praise.

I have posted numbers One (1) through Eleven (11). I believe that they thunder that we need God’s love to be saved. Futhermore, we need many of God’s other gifts to be saved. However, we cannot be saved without God’s love poured into our new hearts.

Love is HEARD (faith comes by hearing) by faith.

God bless!

I hope my posts make senes.

I believe that these passages are correct, that is, we are saved by God’s love and many other gifts.

I believe that this demonstrates that saved by faith alone is biblically incorrect.

I believe that these passages show Martin Luther to be wrong.

I believe that the above passages demonstrate that the Roman Catholic position is correct, that is, God’s love saves us.

I believe that the above passages demonstrate that the Protestant positions are incorrect. We are not saved by faith alone.

I believe that the above passages demonstrate that justification is within our new hearts and that love and faith are needed in our new heart in order to be justified. Justification is not external; it is internal, that is, in our new hearts.

We need God’s love to be saved, and we are not saved by faith alone.

Seems pretty thorough to me.

God Bless,
Michael

Ezekiel 36: 26 I will give you a new heart and place a new spirit within you, taking from your bodies your stony hearts and giving you natural hearts. 27 I will put my spirit within you and make you live by my statutes, careful to observe my decrees.

This is important.

God’s love makes us live by His statutes.

Love Is Heard by Faith

From what I can hear, the Most Holy Scriptures yell or thunder that Charity is the first and the greatest of God’s gifts to us.

Also, God’s Word is a word of Charity or Love. God is Love and His Word is Love.

There is also a relationship between Love and faith.

As Jesus and St. Paul teach, Love is the greatest and the first in this relationship.

As is clearly taught, faith comes by hearing.

Faith hears God’s Word, which is Love Incarnate. Love is God’s language.

Faith receives God’s Word of Love.

Faith accepts (consents, believes, assents) God’s Word of Love.

The faith that saves is the faith that has accepted God’s Word of Love.

The Most Holy Scriptures are crystal clear: God so LOVED the world that He sent His only begotten Son. It is God’s Love that saves us through His Word.

As we all know, God’s love is poured into our hearts. The love by which we love God, self and neighbor is His Love and not the love of that old self. We have a new heart with new Love—His Love!

We are now adopted children of God. He is Our Father. He is going to make us grow in Love. Yes, He will make us grow in His love, if we assent (consent, believe, agree, or accept).

We need not be afraid of become loving people. He will do all things in us.

To paraphrase: Love believes. Love is patient. Love endures all things. Love is polite. Love forgets how to do evil. Love forgives evil done to us. Love hopes. Love is successful. God’s love makes us complete (perfect). Love is kind. Love is humble. Love loves the truth. Love is courageous. Love is chaste. Love is sober. Love is generous. Love is meek. Love does loving actions. Love is faithful to our spouse. Love is peace and peaceful. Love is the greatest. Love is first. Love is God’s salvation given to us. Love yells or thunders to us and announces God’s Word. Love is beautiful and brings delight or happiness.

Faith accepts (assents or consents) God’s Word of Love.

Love is first, second and third (God, self and neighbor).

Love is the greatest.

Faith is fourth (or second). Faith is not the greatest. Love is first and greatest. God’s Love saved us. Love uses faith, hope and everything else. God saves us!

I have tried to put some logical order to the following passages. This has been really tough. One could do this in many different ways.

The principle points are:

[LIST]
*]God’s Love saves us.
*]Jesus is God’s Word made flesh.
*]God spoke His eternal Word of Love, Jesus Christ.
*]God still speaks His eternal Love through the Holy Spirit.
*]He makes us new creations.
*]We have new hearts.
*]We have His Love poured into our new hearts.
*]God is our Father
*]We are God’s adopted children.
*]His Love entices, encourages, lures, leads, empowers, enlightens and calls us to Love.
*]His Love is first and greatest of all of His gifts.
*]His Love in our hearts is needed to save us.
*]His Love is in charge of everything else.
*]We are saved by His Love.
*]Love gives life and “energeo” to faith.
*]Righteousness is made up of Love and faith (and all of the weapons of righteousness).
*]Faith comes by hearing God’s Word of Love.
*]Love is first.
*]We are renewed in our minds.
*]The inner self is now new.
*]Love believes.
*]Love hopes.
*]Love is kind, et cetera.
*]We can do all things with these new gifts, that is, new hearts and Love.
*]We will have the courage to Love. Do not be afraid, you will be able to be kind and so forth.
*]Every gift is subordinate to His Love poured into our hearts.
*]His Love uses every gift to save us.
*]He saves us.
*]We must Love God in order to be saved. It is with His gifts that we must Love Him.[/LIST]

Nice Job! :thumbsup:

God Bless,
Michael

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.