We Catholics Are Dead Sure The Church Is The One Church Of Christ And That All Others Are Mistaken

I can reply that they do not only seem to be so, but that they are actually dead sure. What would be the use of any bureau for the dispensing of authentic information, if the officials had to warn inquirers that there was not even certainty as to whether they had gone to the right inquiry office! No. The True church which is really Christ’s own bureau for the dispensing of authentic information to mankind in His Name, must be visibly discernible as His. The invisible and undiscernible Church theory is impossible, and as I have just said, opposed to the Will of Christ.
Furthermore, Protestants are brought up with the idea that it is not possible for any human being to locate the True Church. So they continue in religious matters to wander where they will, like people in a forest, who follow any line of tracks without bothering to ask where it leads. And they love the risky adventure of experimenting for themselves that they search Scripture for every possible text which they think will support them…go figure…:shrug:

In the Nicene and Apostles’ Creed that is used by Catholic and Protestant alike afirm by stating in the catholic church which means “universal”. Also remember what "church’ also means -The Body of Christ which is not the building but the Christian community.:thumbsup: yes the body of christ can mean also the Eucharist but that is not the subject at the moment. Read some of Aquinas, Bonhoeffer, Barth, Calvin
Peace be with all of the Children of God!
cindyfromindy;)

Welcome to the Forums Cindy. You might want to read the listed tracts on this URL

catholic.com/library/church_papacy.asp

=OneTrueCathApos;5189727] Furthermore, Protestants are brought up with the idea that it is not possible for any human being to locate the True Church. So they continue in religious matters to wander where they will, like people in a forest, who follow any line of tracks without bothering to ask where it leads. And they love the risky adventure of experimenting for themselves that they search Scripture for every possible text which they think will support them…go figure…:shrug:

Your penchant for painting protestants with an exceptionally broad brush is always interesting to me, my dear sister in Christ. From where did you acquire this observation?
Is it anecdotal, or do you have a source?

We Catholics Are Dead Sure…

Wouldn’t it be better to say that you are alive sure? :smiley: :wink:
(I don’t need to tell you this is a joke, as you know I would never question the salvation of Catholics.)

Jon

Then you ARE sure of something…

Jon, you never cease to amaze me…;):rolleyes:

By the time we are dead we are all sure. :smiley:

Nor you me. :smiley: But I love you as a sister in Christ, and thank God He has blessed you with your faith.

Jon

:hug1:

I’m not so sure that atheism wouldn’t be preferable. It would be more conducive to humility, on the whole.

Edwin

That’s an anachronistic meaning you are reading into the Creeds without justification. “Catholic” has always meant “the particular group of Christians to which I belong, as oposed to other people who claim to be Christians but are outside the Catholic Church.”

Also remember what "church’ also means -The Body of Christ which is not the building but the Christian community.:thumbsup:

Straw man. Even our triumphalistic sister does not think that the Church is the building (though as a matter of fact the English word “church” did originally mean the building!).

Read some of Aquinas, Bonhoeffer, Barth, Calvin

Read some of Ignatius, Irenaeus, Cyprian.

Edwin

I will pretend to not hear your digs thrown at me Contarini, but I guarantee you that I know a lot more about Catholicism than you will ever no, even though you try to justify your intellectualism with philosophical bs :slight_smile:

Talk about B.S… You’re full of it, OTCA :rolleyes:

Ever try the Eucharist? In the True Church that is? *
That* is something in this universe that has me absolutely convinced, so much so that I would gladly be tortured and die a slow death to defend it. Hardly wish fulfillment.

Well yes, I have, but of course I wasn’t supposed to according to your dogmas.

• That* is something in this universe that has me absolutely convinced, so much so that I would gladly be tortured and die a slow death to defend it.

I’m not sure I could say “gladly,” but I hope I would do the same (though without the qualification you put on it).

That is a very different kind of conviction from the belief in the Infallible Bureau reflected in the OP. (I hope and believe that the OP has both, of course.)

Edwin

No, you won’t. If you were pretending not to hear you wouldn’t have posted. Try to be honest. It might actually be fun.

but I guarantee you that I know a lot more about Catholicism than you will ever no

I’m not sure what you are going to “guarantee” this with, or how you could possibly back it up.

Of course you know what it’s like on the inside, and I don’t. I can do a good approximation but it’s not the same thing. I’m too afraid of turning into you to try it, I suspect.

Edwin

Welcome sir/ma’am, I totally agree with you here! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I came to know the Lord Jesus Christ 7 yr before I converted to the Catholic Church. I had some experiences that lead me to the Catholic Church. But i know that if i came to know the Lord outside of the Catholic Church, others have to. Many of those people do not end up joining the Catholic Church like i did. When it comes right down to it, a persons relationship with the Lord is on a one on one basis. Church attentance is important, we should not forsake that as the Word says. I have friends that I know are true Christians and they are not Catholic.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.