We Got The Olympics!

With all the sadness of the terrorism in London :crying: I just want to start a positive thread about something of great joy to London and my whole country…

:dancing: :yup: WE GOT THE OLYMPICS!!! :yup: :dancing:

Michael :smiley:

P.S. Even though we celebrate the success of London in it’s olympic bid, can we please continue to pray and remeber all the victims of the terrorism in London. thank you. :frowning:

Which Olympics are they, CR? The Summer ones or the Winter ones?

Congratulations on getting the Olympics. :clapping: Salt Lake City hosted the winter games in 2002. It was wonderful!!! I will never forget the experience. The day of the opening ceremony, one of my co-workers brought a cd to work which had the Olympic theme. Every so often, he would play it and we would all get so excited! :dancing: It felt like I was a child again on Christmas Eve. I know how excited you are and you’ll be even more excited in 2012. I suggest you try to volunteer to help at one of the venues. I would have but could not get the time off work. Congratulations again to London. It will be a wonderful once in a life time experience you’ll never forget!

Peace be with you,
Maggie

I recommend that caber tossing be an Olympic sport.

the summer ones - London 2012!

Hello All,

Congrats to London, but I feel sad Los Angeles wasn’t the First city to host 3 Olympics. I don’t know why New York was chosen as the USA’s pick. New York doesn’t have the facilities to hold an Olympics. Oh well, I’m pretty sure Los Angeles will host 2016. Heck, we could hold 2008 if we had to. Congrats again London for beating the Frence! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=Christus Rex]With all the sadness of the terrorism in London :crying: I just want to start a positive thread about something of great joy to London and my whole country…

P.S. Even though we celebrate the success of London in it’s olympic bid, can we please continue to pray and remeber all the victims of the terrorism in London. thank you. :frowning:
[/quote]

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/4HisChurch/london.jpgMany heartfelt congratulations to London!!

Congratulations!!! Should be a good Olympics, maybe I’ll be able to make that one.

Explore G W

[quote=RikasAngel]Hello All,

Congrats to London, but I feel sad Los Angeles wasn’t the First city to host 3 Olympics. I don’t know why New York was chosen as the USA’s pick. New York doesn’t have the facilities to hold an Olympics. Oh well, I’m pretty sure Los Angeles will host 2016. Heck, we could hold 2008 if we had to. Congrats again London for beating the Frence! :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Well, I’m glad London got them, and especially glad Paris didn’t!

If NY City got them they would have soaked us upstate taxpayers for the expense of all the building, security, payoffs, bribes, &c.

[quote=Christus Rex]With all the sadness of the terrorism in London :crying: I just want to start a positive thread about something of great joy to London and my whole country…

[/quote]

And Liverpool is European City of Culture in 2008!!! Don’t forget that. England is a great country.:clapping:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.