We have lost our priest- please pray for him, our school, and our parish

With a very heavy heart, I am posting that our beloved Fr. Roger passed away 7 am, Ash Wednesday. He was such an awesome, holy man, and will be sorely missed in our parish family. He was so good for our school, which is in slight danger of closing. My daughter is in 2nd grade too- I feel so sad for her class with their sacraments coming soon. ( 1st recc. this sunday)

Anyway, please pray for our parish and for Fr. Roger- his funeral Mass is tomorrow at 10 am. We are all so incredibly sad- our hearts are breaking- we love him so much…

Melissa

I once heard someone say that our loss is heaven’s gain. I will keep you all in prayer, I know what a treasure a good Priest is and how much they are missed.

May his soul and the soul of all the faithful departed, rest in peace.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

I’m so sorry for your loss.

Eternal Father we entrust Fr Poger’s soul, and his peoples’ future welfare to Your merciful love

I will remember you all at Mass today. I’m sorry for your loss, and ask God to grant Father’s prayer for you all…and to give you a good and wise new priest.

Lord of mercy accept, we pray, the spirit of Father Roger into Your loving and eternal hands. Grant him the rest that he sought through his faithfulness to You. Look upon the good that was done in Your name and reward him with the fulfillment of Your promises. Awaken in those who knew and loved him the awareness that this life is but a step toward the eternal glory which You have prepared for those who are faithful to You. And Father, as he followed another whom You sent, grant a loving and spirit-filled priest to stand in his place and continue the work of love which he started. Graciously smile upon the school he shepherded, as well as the parish he lead, providing for them as Your love demands. Lord, may the soul of Father Roger, as well as all of the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace. And, let perpetual light shine upon them. Amen! Alleluia!

May the soul of your faithful servant find rest in your kingdom O Lord.

Well Done God’s Good and Faithful Servant Your place is ready for you at Jesus Banquet Table. Pray for all of our souls here on earth to be able to join you with Jesus in Heaven in eternity forever. May He Rest In Peace.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Praying for Fr. Roger and for your parish.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee,
Blessed art Thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Praying…

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee,
Blessed art Thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

bless you, bless you all for your prayers! I just returned from the funeral Mass, which was beautiful, tearful, awesome, triumphant, sad…our bishop presided over the Mass, along with at least 20 priests, OMI. What an awesome experience to see 20 priests at the consecration! WHOA! THAT was a powerful feeling! Glory to God in the Highest! I feel that we really grieved for our dear pastor, and that we will see healing to our parish family.

It feels so appropriate for this grieving during Lent- his passing on Ash Wednesday is cathardic…I am fearful of the unknown, as he was such a good shepard. Bishop Lucas put it best today in his remarks,…“Fr.Roger had the heart of a pastor, the mind of a teacher, the zeal of a missionary.” How perfect…

who will lead our parish now? That is what we are worried about…Please pray for the gift of a wonderful pastor to help continue the wonderful work in our parish.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.