We must Pray More

If we really want to overcome our sins and truly live for God we need to pray more. Alot of us Christians have our intellectism as the basis of the Christianity. We do this as a Sort of Covering unless we be revealed in how much were lacking in God’s Spirit. Let us Seek God with more dilgence…Let us pray more, Go to Mass More, Adoration more, Confession more , Fasting More .

God bles you all

I think you missed the one major thing that is necessary behind this. And that’s our relationship with God. We can’t do anything you listed on our own power. As the protestants like to say, we need to have a “personal” relationship with Christ. If we aren’t willing to open our hearts and souls to Him, then everything we do will be a waste of time.

Lord Jesus Christ, give us the grace to pray and to do penance - yea, to live and to die for You. Amen.

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

Thank you for posting this. :slight_smile: And what a wonderful prayer is the Most Holy Rosary. When Our Lady of Fatima appeared, she said “Say the Rosary every day. Pray, pray a lot and offer sacrifices for sinners” She also recommended the Rosary when she appeared in Kibeho, Rwanda with warnings about the Rwandan Genocide and a name as Our Lady of Sorrows. She also called herself “Our Lady of the Rosary” at Fatima I know very little about her messages as Our Lady of Guadalupe and Our Lady of Lourdes except that she confirmed that she was the Immaculate Conception in the Lourdes miracle.

And Pope Pius IX said: “Among all the devotions approved by the Church none has been favored by so many miracles as the devotion of the Most Holy Rosary.”

For more information about praying the Most Holy Rosary with devotion: St. Louis Mary de Montfort wrote, The Secret of the Rosary, which explains the origin and name, prayers, mysteries, marvelous effects, proper dispositions, ways to combat distractions and pray the Rosary effectively, and Confraternities (so you can have the benefit of other people’s Rosaries as well) of the Most Holy Rosary.

Someone once wrote of this book, *“Possibly the finest book ever written about the Rosary; appeals to all ages. Shows the great spiritual power of the Rosary, which is appreciated by few.” *

He also wrote True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin, montfort.org.uk/Writings/TrueDev.html. His Holiness Pope John Paul II was also consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary in the method of St. Louis Mary de Montfort.Reflections on True Devotion to Mary by His Holiness Pope John Paul II http://www.michaeljournal.org/montfort.htm This devotion deepeens one’s consecration and commitment to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, which leads one to the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ. Furthermore, spreading an apostolic version of this devotion was St. Maximilian Maria’s life goal before he was marytred in the Holocaust, giving up his life for free to save another person. :thumbsup: I think that someone on this website has even met the person whose life he saved. Obviously, it seems to me that St. Maximilian Maria’s actions and life in this world purely imitated the Sacred Heart of Jesus as he gave up his life to save us. :eek: More information on him at the Jewish Virtual Library, where they honour him as Righteous Among Nations jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/biography/Kolbe.html or at www.consecration.com, which seeks to spread his consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary :smiley:

St. Padre Pio, who said, “The Rosary is The WEAPON”, said as many as 90 rosaries a day in a special form for which he received ecclesiastical permission. Father Thomas Euteneur, President of Human Life International, cites this in The Rosary Batters the Gates of Hell hli.org/sl_2008-10-03.html Someone at my church visited his grace and said it smelled like Roses, but what did he do in his life but celebrate Mass, say confessions, live holily, and pray the Most Holy Rosary? Yet, I believe the evil one told him that St. Padre Pio snatched more souls from him than Archangel Michael.

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

Free information on devoting oneself to the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary:
Online Adoration of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament louisville-catholic.net/WebCameras/AdorationChapel/tabid/825/Default.aspx
True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin montfort.org.uk/Writings/TrueDev.html
**Secret of the Rosary ** montfort.org.uk/Writings/Rosary.html
Preparation for 33 day consecration to the Blessed Virgin saintlouisdemontfort.com/consecration.cfm
Reflections on True Devotion to Mary by His Holiness Pope John Paul II http://www.michaeljournal.org/montfort.htm
**The Glories of Mary, ** by St. Alphonsus de Liguori, one of the 33 Doctors of the Catholic Church, explains Hail Holy Queen http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/glories.htm
On the Dolors of Mary by St. Alphonsus de Liguori, one of the 33 Doctors of the Catholic Church, explains the sufferings of Our Lady http://writer.zoho.com/public/immaculate/Seven-dolors
Marialis Cultus (Apostolic Exhortation for the Right Ordering and Development of Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary of His Holiness, February 2, 1974 by His Holiness Pope Paul VI ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/P6MARIAL.HTM
Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus en.wikisource.org/wiki/Devotion_to_the_Sacred_Heart_of_Jesus#FIRST_POINT._.E2.80.94_The_ardent_desire_Jesus_Christ_feels_to_be_with_us.
Divine Mercy Chaplet ewtn.com/Devotionals/mercy/dmmap.htm
Cathechism of the Catholic Church vatican.va/archive/catechism/ccc_toc.htm

You know I never liked praying the Rosary…I always …ahh…etc But I went to confession to a very good priest and he said for my penance I had to pray the rosary at least 15 decades during days. I did and I felt God’s Spirit in me Grow. Now I don’t pray the Rosary alot but I do have alot more respect for it then I did. I now pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet which has helped me grow alot in Gods grace.

Adoration I think has helped me alot as well…

We need to pray alot, otherwise we wont make it folks…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.