We need to talk about the Potato

This reminds me of that Simon and Garfunkel song “Did Parsley save Rosemary in time?”:wink:

Are you referring to Rosemary’s baby potatoes?

Hey. You are on to something. Saves water too!

Reminds me of the kid who threw onions into the river from a tall bridge, because he wanted to see the Bridge Over the River Kwai.

For sure. Parsley saved Rosemary in time. It was a close though.

Sometimes called Rosmary’s Baby potahtoes.

My wife and I stayed at a B&B in the hill country outside of Houston once. They served this casserole for breakfast called ‘white potato smash’. It was one of the best things I’ve ever eaten and I can’t find a recipe. So, if any of you good folk know what white potato smash is, I’d shore love a recipe.

Balled and Burlapped? Sounds uncomfortable. Why sleep in a nursery when you could find a hotel? :thinking::stuck_out_tongue:

I’m intrigued…I’ve heard of smashed potatoes before…yum. Was the casserole something like this?

I love sweet potatoes.

I dislike sweet potatoes. Even knowing how much the South loves them. Give me a red or new potato baked any day. Still dislike the weekly sweet potato.

How do you feel about Yams? :confused:

Definitely not. I am a purist, only red potatoes, new potatoes, and the spuds. Also, do not like the potatoes in flake form.

popeye

My family likes them peeled, cut in chunks, sprinkled with a little oil and roasted until they are a little browned on the edges. Sprinkled with a bit of coarse salt, sooo delicious.

Is the Potato gun unjust?

It’s nothing compared to the marshmallow gun.

I am offended by all this talk of EATING potatoes. Smashed? Mashed? Fried? You all are a bunch of barbarians!

Just sick :rage:

Marshmallows make me fat…

My wife is comfortable with me being fat because then she feels more secure in our marriage except she doesn’t…

Why can’t the marshmallow be as healthy as the potato?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.