We will be judged by the word Jesus spoke. In Hebrew you think?

Since Jesus said we will be judged by the word he spoke, do you think that will that be in Hebrew? Thanks.

Actually, the common speaking tongue was Aramaic. Jesus, being The Word spoken by the Father once and forever, eternally, it is more likely we will be judged by Jesus, The Word, whole and entire, not just the Aramaic words that the gospel writers preserved for us. After all, if everything that Jesus did “… were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.” John 21

Love

Source?

EDIT: Never mind, I’ve found it. (John 12:44-50)

And Jesus cried out and said, “Whoever believes in me, believes not in me but in him who sent me. And whoever sees me sees him who sent me. I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness. If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day. For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment—what to say and what to speak. And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has told me.”

I don’t think ‘the word that I have spoken’ here means ‘the language I’m talking in right now’.

No. There is no Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic, Castillian, Pidgin, Klingon, Martian (whatever) etc. language in Heaven. The only language in Heaven will be God’s language which everyone will understand and speak. :smiley:

The words Jesus spoke are important but the language he spoke them in is not relevant.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.