Wearing Renaissance Crucifix Brooch on Jacket

I recently acquired a replica of a Renaissance Crucifix from the Vatican library. It measures 2" x 2-1/2" and has a small stand. It can be used as a brooch, a pendant or as a standing crucifix.
Today I wore it on my jacket for the first time and am not sure if it is "too much". I always wear a tiny crucifix necklace but this is the first time I've worn anything that large and visible on a coat.
I felt removed in a way. I felt I was less involved with the goings-on of the world and its hustle bustle. I guess that's good. I'm just a little uncomfortable because I don't see anyone else wearing anything like it and am not sure if I should have it blessed and continue wearing it, or return it.
Suggestions are welcome, thank you.

If it feels "too much" to wear it, you could put it on its little stand and have it on your desk or dresser. It sounds beautiful. Do you have a picture?

Betsy

[quote="RosalieM, post:1, topic:182986"]
I recently acquired a replica of a Renaissance Crucifix from the Vatican library. It measures 2" x 2-1/2" and has a small stand. It can be used as a brooch, a pendant or as a standing crucifix.
Today I wore it on my jacket for the first time and am not sure if it is "too much". I always wear a tiny crucifix necklace but this is the first time I've worn anything that large and visible on a coat.
I felt removed in a way. I felt I was less involved with the goings-on of the world and its hustle bustle. I guess that's good. I'm just a little uncomfortable because I don't see anyone else wearing anything like it and am not sure if I should have it blessed and continue wearing it, or return it.
Suggestions are welcome, thank you.

[/quote]

Judgment call. but consider if it makes you less approachable or look like a religious...or forgive me...if it looks odd to wear in your circumstances....

profess your faith...but take care in how you do so for one does not want to appear odd in doing so....beyond reason i mean...for in our world it can be odd anyhow :)

I couldn’t copy and paste the photo here.
It does make me less approachable and it does make me look like a religious.
I may just wear it to Mass and keep it as a standing crucifix the rest of the time.

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.